House Price Crash Forum

Teesside Area

HOLA441

Anybody else looking in this area? Anybody else thinking that prices at the bottom end just don't seem to be going down?

I really don't get it. This is an area where an average 3 bedroomed suburban semi sold for £50K in 2001, and now they are still marketed at £150K+. There has been very little discernible improvement in the economy in the last 10 years. If anything, with today's news about Corus, it's now worse!

Surely there is going to be absolute carnage here soon in terms of house prices?

Jazz

HOLA442
HOLA443
Guest redwine
Anybody else looking in this area? Anybody else thinking that prices at the bottom end just don't seem to be going down?

I really don't get it. This is an area where an average 3 bedroomed suburban semi sold for £50K in 2001, and now they are still marketed at £150K+. There has been very little discernible improvement in the economy in the last 10 years. If anything, with today's news about Corus, it's now worse!

Surely there is going to be absolute carnage here soon in terms of house prices?

Jazz

here in my town in france we have been hit by companies closing a big one smoby a toy maker lost over 600 jobs last year so everything is for sale but prices are still in the 250k but i dont know for how much longer. hope you beat the mags on monday

HOLA444

Hi, I live in Linthorpe and you're right - asking prices don't seem to be dropping at all but equally - nothing is selling. The couple that have sold near me have gone for significantly less than the peak for the road though. Peak seemed to be about 125k-130k (3 bed end terrace/semi). A similar house but 2 bed and 'in need of renovation' has just gone for 90k.

edit: I lie, it went for 77.5k - if it's the one I'm thinking of it was in a real state though. I'll check it tonight.

Edited by Hitby