House Price Crash Forum

Quayside - Newcastle

za1984

HOLA441

Hey there guys,

I'm based in Glasgow, but am moving down to Newcastle in August so would appreciate some advice. I would like to live in a modern apartment and reckon Quayside would be the best bet; but the properties are so expensive. Looking on rightmove, we are talking about £180, 000 + for a decentish 2 bedroom apartment. Are these prices really being achieved? What happened to these kind of "new build execuive apartments" tumbling in value. Are these still peak values?

For instance in Glasgow, alot of similar specced new build apartments can be had for 30-40% off peak prices; is this happening in Newcastle too? I thought there would be tonnes of semi-suicidal BTLers looking to offload in the current climate.

Lastly, is it a good place to live? Do you see whole nearly empty apartment buildings that we hear about sometimes when it comes to these new developments?

Cheers

HOLA442

No idea on prices but I'd seriously recommend just renting to start out. There should be plenty of Quayside flats available then you can decide after a year if it's what you want. Personally I don't think they represent value for money compared to the house you could get for that money here.

Hey there guys,

I'm based in Glasgow, but am moving down to Newcastle in August so would appreciate some advice. I would like to live in a modern apartment and reckon Quayside would be the best bet; but the properties are so expensive. Looking on rightmove, we are talking about £180, 000 + for a decentish 2 bedroom apartment. Are these prices really being achieved? What happened to these kind of "new build execuive apartments" tumbling in value. Are these still peak values?

For instance in Glasgow, alot of similar specced new build apartments can be had for 30-40% off peak prices; is this happening in Newcastle too? I thought there would be tonnes of semi-suicidal BTLers looking to offload in the current climate.

Lastly, is it a good place to live? Do you see whole nearly empty apartment buildings that we hear about sometimes when it comes to these new developments?

Cheers

HOLA443