House Price Crash Forum

Recession-balls

HOLA441

I've been thumbing through my slight backlog of Spectator magazine and found the Recession-Balls article by Ross Clark.

In it he criticises the spot of nonsense economic press releases that come out of Estate Agencies which are then reproduced without challenge in the local press.

Here is link to article: http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine/bu...-nonsense.thtml

He is now looking for other examples which can be sent to business@spectator.co.uk

HOLA442
I've been thumbing through my slight backlog of Spectator magazine and found the Recession-Balls article by Ross Clark.

In it he criticises the spot of nonsense economic press releases that come out of Estate Agencies which are then reproduced without challenge in the local press.

Here is link to article: http://www.spectator.co.uk/the-magazine/bu...-nonsense.thtml

He is now looking for other examples which can be sent to business@spectator.co.uk

Many years ago (for my sins) I'd write copy for a local live music venue (basically re-hashing promo biogs). The local rags would re-print this stuff word for word under their resident art-critic's name.

On several occasions the article would just stop abruptly mid-sentence as they'd reached the required word limit.

Local papers - advertising with copy.