House Price Crash Forum

Advice

Geemo

HOLA441

Hi all , this is my first post .

Been reading these posts with great interest for sometime .

My question is , Is it a good time to sell in the Isle of Man ?

I was lucky enough to sell august 07 before the &%*! hit the fan !!.

Made enough money to buy a great studio apartment , currently bring me £500 pcm income . ( renting back in N.Ireland ).

Since then obviously house prices back home ( n.ireland ) have crashed , making me think maybe its time to sell and buy back home again .

Really my question is , " Is my money better in IOM or better to take advantage of lower prices " ???

Any advice welcome .

Many thanks ,

Gee

HOLA442

Geemo,

Welcome. A word of advice... nobody comes down here (I'm here because I clicked the wrong link!!).

Post on the main forum and let the mods kick it off-topic or wherever if they see fit. You'll be lonely down here!

• 1 month later...
HOLA443
Hi all , this is my first post .

Been reading these posts with great interest for sometime .

My question is , Is it a good time to sell in the Isle of Man ?

I was lucky enough to sell august 07 before the &%*! hit the fan !!.

Made enough money to buy a great studio apartment , currently bring me £500 pcm income . ( renting back in N.Ireland ).

Since then obviously house prices back home ( n.ireland ) have crashed , making me think maybe its time to sell and buy back home again .

Really my question is , " Is my money better in IOM or better to take advantage of lower prices " ???

Any advice welcome .

Many thanks ,

Gee

Sell if you can get the price you want, dont hold your breath though, theres loads of flats being built and just coming on the market in Douglas so there could be a glut, just a quick drive around Douglas reveals lots of construction and with

many closed hotels converting to flats could flood the market. I would carry on renting in NI until the land registry

publishes two months of property rises and then only if you have a very safe job - is any job safe I ask!

Intersesting that an ASDA in NI is in the top four of all Walmart stores takings and reading the press today Tesco tills

in NI are falling off the wall as half of Dublin is driving over the border to do their shopping.

With reference to the reapers posting I think the high tax payers moving here will be another market with large

properties, there are just over 80 residents paying the maximum tax here which is a relative small amount of the population, I suspect those on mega millions will relocate to Monaco or Switzerland. Many middle management in the financial sector who lose their job may have problems servicing their mortgage and this false low interest mortgage rate could all change in a year if the UK goverments manipulation of interest rates dont work.