House Price Crash Forum

Earthquake!

noddage

HOLA441
Guest anorthosite
really? What was the 'earthquake' in korea last year - you know the one which stopped the US sabre rattling in its tracks?

Yes, really

Wasn't that a nuclear test that just fizzled?

It wasn't an earthquake though, as I recall, radioactive isotopes were detected. Didn't they also determine from the seismics it wasn't an earthquake?

HOLA442
HOLA443

I was reading an article in the Manchester evening news last night about the recent earthquake and how it affected people in the gtr manchester area. The article went on to say that experts expect a rise in consumer spending because people spend more when they have experienced a natural event and wakes them up to their mortality.

They expect electronic goods like mp3 and flat screen televisions to be on the top of the list of peoples purchases.

Let the party continue :ph34r:

HOLA444
Guest anorthosite
I was reading an article in the Manchester evening news last night about the recent earthquake and how it affected people in the gtr manchester area. The article went on to say that experts expect a rise in consumer spending because people spend more when they have experienced a natural event and wakes them up to their mortality.

They expect electronic goods like mp3 and flat screen televisions to be on the top of the list of peoples purchases.

Let the party continue :ph34r:

That is pretty much the most pathetic thing I've ever heard. "Wakes them up to their mortality"?!?

I wonder if the coast of Sumatra had a boom in consumer spending in the January sales of 2005?

HOLA445
conspiracy or coincidence?

Pure coincidence of course.

Just like the strange coincidence of the copycat terror rehearsals conducted by Visor Consultants on 7/7.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...h&plindex=0

Thank goodness it was all just coincidental, otherwise the police might have wanted to know the identity of the terror rehearsal clients and so subjected Peter Power to some serious questioning.

Archived