House Price Crash Forum

Rightmove Email Alerts

HOLA441

Hi Guys,

I recently signed up with Rightmove so that I could receive email alerts for any new properties that are advertised in my local area up to a certain price. I thought this would save me trawling through the endless overpriced properties that have been advertised for ages.

What a waste of time that was! I keep getting the same properties emailed to me week after week that have been on the market for ages. They're not new... They haven't even been reduced.

Grrr... the thing that makes my blood boil is that they'll probably use this data to give us some statistics about the market picking up, places shifting blah blah blah!!!

:angry:

HOLA442

Yeah, I've had that. Properties mysteriously disappearing from my 'saved' list and then being e-mailed to me as new instructions. Even more strangely I find a lot that fits my criteria when I do a manual search but isn't e-mailed to me... strangely these are always the cheapest ones. The ones near my upper limit always get through!

HOLA443

The EAs and VIs must do all they can to keep up appearances that HPI is going to last forever. If they dared to admit that the market was softening the sheeple would panic and we would have another 1989 on our hands. The question is how long can they keep the ramping going in the light of the real figures from the Land Registry (lets hope Gordo doesn't start "adjusting" those).