House Price Crash Forum

Landlord Selling House In Two Months!

Renthelp1983

HOLA441

My landlord has told me that he is selling the house in two months and i need to get out. He has also told me i am behind with the rent when i know i have paid every month, ( Cash in hand every month and he has never got me to sighn anything). Im not sure if he is trying to dodge tax or is just a rubbish Landlord but still hopefully someone will be able to help on this sittuation.

HOLA442
HOLA443

My landlord has told me that he is selling the house in two months and i need to get out. He has also told me i am behind with the rent when i know i have paid every month, ( Cash in hand every month and he has never got me to sighn anything). Im not sure if he is trying to dodge tax or is just a rubbish Landlord but still hopefully someone will be able to help on this sittuation.

If there has never been any signed document I seriously doubt you'll be taken to court - I doubt much would happen, even if you did indeed owe money. As others have said, leave as soon as you can.

HOLA444
HOLA445

What day in the month are you supposed to pay rent and when did he tell you he wants the house back

Even with out a contract you are protected by a statatory tenancy which means the LL must give you two months notice on or before the day of the month the tenancy started and that needs to come in the form of a section 21 notice.

He must also provide a rent book if you pay cash

Did you pay a deposit? when did you move in?

Either way it sounds like he is on thin ice, particularly if you paid a deposit

HOLA446

What do they teach people about financeal affairs at school now?

You hand over several hundred pounds in cash each week/month and you can't prove that you have done so?

tim