House Price Crash Forum

Ofrfer At Asking Within A Week

Bobajobbob

HOLA441
HOLA442
It remains to be seen whether we will get to completion but for what it is worth I put a house on the market with a realistic asking price a week ago and have received an offer at full asking today.

Thats interesting, how did you set your realistic asking price?

HOLA443
It remains to be seen whether we will get to completion but for what it is worth I put a house on the market with a realistic asking price a week ago and have received an offer at full asking today.

wait for the bank's valuation to see if your price is realistic ...

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA444

My gf's house in N London went last week. Sold for £450,000 in 2002, she bought at £850,000 in December 2007 (! to the price rise, although it was completely renovated beautifully in between, at least £100,000 of work)), completed last week at £795,000 (6.4% down from peak, only). Asking was £825,000. They had a decent deposit but needed a mortgage. We're pleased to say the least as there was a big mortgage on it and now we'll hopefully sit out the next phase. Thank goodness for the dead cat bounce.

Edited by slaar

HOLA445
My gf's house in N London went last week. Sold for �450,000 in 2002, she bought at �850,000 in December 2007 (! to the price rise, although it was completely renovated beautifully in between, at least �100,000 of work)),

Price rise would have been considerably greater in SE1 where December 07 price would have been 1.1m under similar circumstances. (!!! to the price rise)

HOLA446