House Price Crash Forum

All Flats Now Sold

pie-eater

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
The balcony overlooking the Pentonville Road is a nice touch. Horrible building, one can only hope nobody buys any of the flats and someone else comes in to knock it down.

But the development is 'exciting', so worth the money.

The fact it's on one of the busiest roads in London, poorly built and a poor example of what the asking price can get you in N1/EC1 doesn't matter.

As Mr T would say (guessing) if he saw it, "I pitty the fools".

I'm sure £400k will get you a nice place (bigger & quieter) 1/4 mile away in the much nicer Barnsbury.

HOLA444
I'm sure £400k will get you a nice place (bigger & quieter) 1/4 mile away in the much nicer Barnsbury.

I thought it was about £360k for 2 beds? I think you'd still be doing pretty well to get a 2 bed in decent nick in Barnsbury, Bloomsbury or Finsbury for that - but certainly you should be pricing Kings Cross below its more attractive neighbours if you want to sell, even before you take account of that particular building's many unattractive features.

Edited by RealtyFisch

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
What on God's green earth do you do to be able to afford 410 grand for a flat? The reason that the drunks junkies and hookers have not been around is because there has been a ludicrous 10 year bubble that has created a ridiculous false economy that has led most idiots to believe that they can afford to borrow 410 grand.

The undesireable street people have probably all been given stupid amounts of money by greedy banks and are probably now living in a vastly overpriced flat next door to you. Believe me, they (and possibly you), will be out on the streets again very soon.

This is like watching millions of headless chickens running around next to the edge of a cliff. Buckle up boys, this will be the worst ride of your lives.

wow that's a scary picture you're painting, Back to the Future 3 comes to mind! I can see your argument that simply because an area has appeared affluent over the last 10 years doesn't mean it can't quickly return to junkie heaven....

HOLA4410
wow that's a scary picture you're painting, Back to the Future 3 comes to mind! I can see your argument that simply because an area has appeared affluent over the last 10 years doesn't mean it can't quickly return to junkie heaven....

Actually Islington is both affluent and junkie heaven. It's cheek by jowl.

There is absolutely no income spread in this area. You either live in a council flat (with a 70% unemployment rate) or you are rich enough to live in a property costing £400k+. If you have a 'normal' job (or any job at all) you're ineligible for council housing but can't buy as you'd need to borrow 10 or 15 times your income for a one bed flat. So you rent from a BTL landlord instead, as they've hoovered up all the ex-LA property in the area and charge it out at 3 or 4 times council rent.

Bitter? Just a bit.....