House Price Crash Forum

Se1`do-er Upper Just Sold For Near Peak Done Up Price

HOLA441

http://www.auction.co.uk/residential/LotDe...amp;S=C&O=A

43 Roupell St, at the back of Waterloo, in a lovely series of near-identical streets.

18/07/2008 £660,000 45, Roupell Street, Lambeth, London, Greater London, SE1 8TB Properties for sale near SE1 8TB

23/06/2008 £685,000 6, Roupell Street, Lambeth, London, Greater London, SE1 8SP Properties for sale near SE1 8SP

31/08/2007 £649,350 65, Roupell Street, Lambeth, London, Greater London, SE1 8SS Properties for sale near SE1 8SS

13/11/2006 £561,000 35, Roupell Street, Lambeth, London, Greater London, SE1 8TB Properties for sale near SE1 8TB

02/11/2006 £625,000 68, Roupell Street, Lambeth, London, Greater London, SE1 8SS Properties for sale near SE1 8SS

06/09/2006 £615,000 42, Roupell Street, Lambeth, London, Greater London, SE1 8TB Properties for sale near SE1 8TB

31/08/2006 £610,000 60, Roupell Street, Lambeth, London, Greater London, SE1 8TB Properties for sale near SE1 8TB

05/05/2006 £449,000 7, Roupell Street, Lambeth, London, Greater London, SE1 8SP Properties for sale near SE1 8SP

21/10/2005 £520,000 10, Roupell Street, Lambeth, London, Greater London, SE1 8SP Properties for sale near SE1 8SP

10/01/2002 £257,500 Ter. F/H No Map 43, Roupell Street, Lambeth, London, Greater London, SE1 8TB

Sold this weed through Allsops for £600,000. Sold by a housing association that had bought it in 2002 (for 257k). Needed *everything* doing.

The two top houses on the list were sold by Hamptons last year (who seem to have a monopoly on sales on Roupell St, funny how an agent manages that sort of monopoly, isn't it), and iirc they were in decent state.

I went to the viewing, and this is a small house, probably 1,000 sq ft. Yet there must have been thirty couples viewing it - just like the good old days in 2007.

Edited by Telometer

HOLA442
The two top houses on the list were sold by Hamptons last year (who seem to have a monopoly on sales on Roupell St, funny how an agent manages that sort of monopoly, isn't it), and iirc they were in decent state.

I went to the viewing, and this is a small house, probably 1,000 sq ft. Yet there must have been thirty couples viewing it - just like the good old days in 2007.

I think that once a house sells in a street, other people thinking of selling then think it is worth advertising their house with the same agent. It's probably a "if they can sell down the road then they will also sell mine" attitude.

I have noticed quite a few places being advertised around me through Intercounty that have now sold. If I hadn't had a previously bad experience whilst attempting to buy through Intercounty I would be tempted to sell via them, as they have sold several places recently. In the end the builder doing up my house made me an offer which I have accepted STC. It is less than what an EA would market the house at, but I don't need to worry about EA fees or even getting a HIP as the house wasn't marketed at the time. The builder approached me asking to buy the place.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Those streets are lovely.

Interesting that Allsops prediction was 35% to 42% off peak and it went for 12% off. Does this mean that the fabled "central london is immune" mantra is true, I wonder?

Roupell Street is the one that backs onto the railway line isn't?

Sure there nice looking Houses (in a nostalgic kind of way) and it's a good location, but still...600k for a run down Cottage is totally insane IMHO.

Edited by cowley

HOLA445
Those streets are lovely.

Interesting that Allsops prediction was 35% to 42% off peak and it went for 12% off. Does this mean that the fabled "central london is immune" mantra is true, I wonder?

It went for 12% off peak... but requiring a further 12-15% spending on it. So OVER peak, in fact. Very run down; no kitchen or bathroom worth speaking of. As I mentioned, the hoardes viewing it made 2007 look quiet...