House Price Crash Forum

Noisey Neighbours

chiefette

HOLA441

Looking for a bit of help here.

I've recently moved in to a new flat and the neighbours above are extremely noisey - music on, banging, shouting at all hours. Although I've paid the deposit/1st months rent, the letting agent hasn't sent me a copy of the contract yet to sign.

If the noise continues, do we have a leg to stand on in terms of moving out? Can the LA keep back the deposit?

HOLA442
Looking for a bit of help here.

I've recently moved in to a new flat and the neighbours above are extremely noisey - music on, banging, shouting at all hours. Although I've paid the deposit/1st months rent, the letting agent hasn't sent me a copy of the contract yet to sign.

If the noise continues, do we have a leg to stand on in terms of moving out? Can the LA keep back the deposit?

Just give notice, start looking for a new place and accept the next month or so is going to be noisey, but your better off out..

For what its worth, the neighbours of one of my houses are scum with an uncontrolled alsation in the garden barking all day and charging the wire fence when you walk by.

I have lost several tenants down to this. The council are not interested and when asked by the lettings manager about what can be done about the barking, Mr. Scum reply is none of your business and f-off.

So I have had to accept that the house will not rent long term.

ps. any one know how much rat poison is required in a steak for a fully grown alsation? ;)

HOLA443
HOLA444
How much notice would be reasonable, since I am not yet in a contract? I take it I would wave bye to my deposit or would that be illegal since I haven't signed anything?

I accept 1 month notice and return the deposit.

I can't see how they could hold back the deposit.

HOLA445
How much notice would be reasonable, since I am not yet in a contract? I take it I would wave bye to my deposit or would that be illegal since I haven't signed anything?

Why do you think you arent in contract? You have paid a months rent and a deposit and have moved into the place, you are defiantley in a contract!

- You state you havent been 'sent any contract' does this mean you have signed no contract or you have signed it and not been sent a copy of it? Assuming you have signed one, then you are bound by its terms and length i.e. 6 months/12 months.

- If you havent signed one, then you have an oral contract at the very least. What term did you think you where signing up for when you paid? 6 months/12 months and can the letting agents prove that i.e. email correspondance etc?

HOLA446
Why do you think you arent in contract? You have paid a months rent and a deposit and have moved into the place, you are defiantley in a contract!

- You state you havent been 'sent any contract' does this mean you have signed no contract or you have signed it and not been sent a copy of it? Assuming you have signed one, then you are bound by its terms and length i.e. 6 months/12 months.

- If you havent signed one, then you have an oral contract at the very least. What term did you think you where signing up for when you paid? 6 months/12 months and can the letting agents prove that i.e. email correspondance etc?

As I said in the post you quoted, nothing has been signed yet - the lease is not yet in my name. It is due to be a 6 month term.

HOLA447
As I said in the post you quoted, nothing has been signed yet - the lease is not yet in my name. It is due to be a 6 month term.

Then you have a six month contract. The fact you havent signed anything is irreleveant. By moving in to the property, paying a deposit and paying rent, you have accepted the term presented to you.

If the landlord wishes to hold you to a six month term, then he shall legally be able to do so. All you can do is ask to be let out early, dont try and play hard ball, as you dont hold any of the cards on this one.