House Price Crash Forum

Real Pices

HOLA441

Dear subscribers,

I am looking to reenter the london housing market with a view to letting.

To be fair I just got out of an elongated sale and am looking to downsize and reinvest.

I took the full 30% cut but was able to because I had the place ten years and still came out on top.

I studied econimics at uni, though it's not my current profession and I must express my bewilderment at the denial of most sellers right now.

This plight is very real yet many have cut asking prices by say only 5%. Estate agents should be telling these people they wasting everyones time. From what I have gleaned an absolute minimum of a 35% drop from 2007 highs is only realistic.

People cant lie about there income anymore and folk no longer have 50 grand to fling down on deposits. I remember people in the classiest London enclaves whooping with delight in 19996/97, at getting offered what they paid ten years earlier.

A whole lot of timewasters have got a whole lot of waking up to do. I know some people in the trade talking about 2001 prices and nothing would surprise me.

I am looking to downsize greatly, I dont care how many sq m ( as long as it'll take a double bed and a flatscreen, with a long lease, and want to be near a tube station ). They can dream on into delerium if they want 200 grand for that. Cos it'snever gonna happen not before 2020. Please advise me of your experiences.