Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

FTBneedshelp!

New Members
  • Posts

    8
  • Joined

  • Last visited

About FTBneedshelp!

  • Rank
    Newbie
    Newbie
  1. Hi, I have just had an offer of 210,000 accepted on a new build, detached, 5bed house (asking price 242,000). I know for a fact that in the peak other houses in the development sold for 400,000! However we were prepared to pay 210,000 for a house in the development that we loved but they said wouldn't accept it and would only accept 210 for a different style (very similar just has garage built into house rather than seperate). So have arranged to meet the developer 2day. Basically I'm in the situation that he knows I can go to 210 but all i want to pay for the house they're willing to sell me is 200,00. Any ideas on how I go about saying/ justifying this? i'm a 1st time buyer and can move asap. (since the developer lowered prices of the houses they have sold v quickly and there are only 2 remaining) would appreciate any advice. Thank you
  2. i have to agree with you there!! but it's where my family/friends are and to me thats most important so although not everyones cup of tea it's where I want to settle. Ok gona wait til after lunch then ring up and put the offers on. Will be interesting to hear the response.
  3. Becasue they are both new builds I can't get the rateable value. I'm putting my offers on at 20-30% drop though.
  4. ok think i'm going to be brave and put in a couple of cheeky offers this morning! As a first time buyer i've never made an offer before. I'm putting the first in for a 5 bed detached on at 275 - going to offer 200 (posted link previously) and the 2nd in for a 3bed semi on at 210 - going to offer 160 Most of my friends think i'm mad and ill get laughed at!! to be honest i agree with the latter as it seems the EAs are very much in denial. But the worst they can say is no. If they do i'll just tell them to keep it in mind and ill come back to them in a few months (if they're not coming back to me 1st!). What do you's think? i've been soaking up ur wisom for a while but still v much a novice! thanks
  5. Sorry, it's not v clear they don't seem to have any real pictures on the web. That one is sale agreed i'm not sure when it was sold but I know the starting price was £395,000 then they dropped to £265,000/£275,000. I have seen the houses, they are built and from the current phase none have sold!
  6. Thanks so much for the advice so far. I totally agree with what you're saying in terms of the advice you give being selfless. I wish I was in the position to wait for a couple of years as I am aware things are only beginning and about to get much worse. I am getting married at the end of this year though and would love to have somewhere by then. My thinking is that if I offer what I am comfortable paying (and also what I believe the price will be in a couple of years) and it is accepted then i'd be happy to buy rather than not have house for when i'm married. I'm also aware that most people are still in denial and although I believe that my offers are fair they may be laughed at by developers/ea's.....think it's worth a try anyway although I may have to wait for a few months before they even consider it. Here's the house that i'd really love http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...=1&sort=h2l am thinking of putting an offer in of £205,000...... what are your thoughts? Thanks again
  7. Hi all, I have been watching the forum for quite some time and have to thank you for your advice which enabled me to ignore evryone saying buy asap at the height of the summer last year!!! Myself and my fiance have been renting and have now saved quite a large deposit to put down on a house. I have just viewed this property in newcastle http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...=1&sort=h2l the development was originally on for 250,000 and has now dropped to 210,000. I was thinking of putting in an offer of 20% below ...so 170,000. My only concern is if I gto it for this price could I be in a negative equity position in a year or so? Newcastle seems to be one of those areas that is taking a while for prices to be reduced. Thanks again x
  8. Hi, I am looking to buy a house along with my fiance. I have been watching the forum for some time now and your posts and advice have been spot on so we have been holding off as long as possible to buy. The house that we are interested in was on sale last year for £395,000 and is now on for £265,000. It is in newcastle co down and I was just looking for your advice in terms of what you think its actually worth? http://www.propertynews.com/brochure.php?r...=1&sort=h2l would be tempted to put in a cheeky bid but would appreciate your thoughts. Thank you
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.