Toto deVeer

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

Some great graphics from William Banzai:

William Banzai7

Not sure that it's fair to label this 'Obamanomics'. Seems to be rife everywhere. Especially the UK.

Posted Image

PS::

You know, I've argued for some time, that a bank is the easiest business in the world to set up.

To set up a factory, or natural resources extraction (you know, the true productive and wealth creating enterprises), you need skills and 2 to 7 years physical infrastructure lead time. But a bank? I think that Firerush says it all. Just take a guy with money, no banking experience, and Voila! You're in business.

That's why I've argued that we should have just let the banks fail, because new, stronger banks could emerge over night.

Edited by Toto deVeer, 19 September 2010 - 12:03 PM.

There's no earthly way of knowing...which direction we are going...
--Willy Wonka

Space is not a passive vacuum, but has properties that impose powerful constraints on any structure that inhabits it....
--Arthur Loeb

#2 Toto deVeer

Toto deVeer

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:02 PM

The US economy will get weaker and weaker, until they CUT PUBLIC SECTOR SPENDING
and focus on growing the private sector

Amen to that. But I think the problem goes much deeper. They need to restructure the entire economy and the legal system. Wealth is created by the middle, not the top or bottom and right now the middle is being gutted.

Edited by Toto deVeer, 19 September 2010 - 01:03 PM.

--Willy Wonka

Space is not a passive vacuum, but has properties that impose powerful constraints on any structure that inhabits it....
--Arthur Loeb

#3 Executive Sadman

Executive Sadman

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,117 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:28 PM

That's why I've argued that we should have just let the banks fail, because new, stronger banks could emerge over night.

Why cant we let the banks fail and let the building societies that dont depend on interbank lending take over the banks saving books and good assets, and sell off the other crap and let the shareholders and bondholders take the hit?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted Image

#4 interestrateripoff

interestrateripoff

Carry on banking.....

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 46,753 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:30 PM

Amen to that. But I think the problem goes much deeper. They need to restructure the entire economy and the legal system. Wealth is created by the middle, not the top or bottom and right now the middle is being gutted.

It's hard to see how the US can survive with the corporatists in charge ensuring all laws are for big business.
Proof that Brown had repeated IMF / OECD / BIS warnings over house prices and did nothing!!!
Looting: The Economic Underworld Of Bankruptcy For Profit
The exponential growth of debt and the unsustainability of debt
The logic of HPI @ 10% YoY means your 100k house would be worth 1.38bn in 100 years
Paying down my mortgage with money found on the street

It's time to sue the Bank of England / Federal Reserve for GROSS NEGLIGENCE
If DEBT is the problem REPAYMENT is the solution or you default

"Northern unemployment is an acceptable price to pay for curbing southern inflation" Eddie George former Governor of the Bank of England

New digest on the credit crisis and economy Part2 Part 3

Posted Image

#5 oracle

oracle

I live on HPC!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,747 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:32 PM

if only tony knew where his little "firerush" venture was going to end up.

he's backed the wrong horse.
you take the blue pill...you fall asleep...you wake up in your bed tomorrow and believe what you want to believe

you take the red pill...you stay in wonderland...and I show you how deep the Rabbit-hole goes.

#6 Toto deVeer

Toto deVeer

HPC Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

It's hard to see how the US can survive with the corporatists in charge ensuring all laws are for big business.

The only outcome that can benefit the middle class paradoxically is a complete financial collapse.

Only then will enough people be willing to bring out the pitch forks and get the perps.

After that the system can be rebuilt. But there'll be a lot of pain involved.
--Willy Wonka

--Arthur Loeb

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users