House Price Crash Forum

Sovereign Harbour

LuckyOne

HOLA441
HOLA442

It seems that beachfront flats here are on for between £200k and £250k.

Does anyone have an opinion about fair value as well as Sovereign Harbour as a place to live from May to September?

My opinion? Cardboard box build quality, tiny rooms, lots of BTLs with a high turnover of occupants, some parts have a high chav quotient (saw a flat with two status hounds barking away in the tiny garden area a few days ago). I've heard horror stories from builders about build quality (they'd been called in to fix stuff that had gone wrong after just a couple of years, or which had never been fitted correctly in the first place). I imaging some of the larger penthouses are nice, but in general I wouldn't touch Sovereign Harbour as a buyer. For £200/250,000, you can get a great flat in other parts of Eastbourne.

HOLA443

My opinion? Cardboard box build quality, tiny rooms, lots of BTLs with a high turnover of occupants, some parts have a high chav quotient (saw a flat with two status hounds barking away in the tiny garden area a few days ago). I've heard horror stories from builders about build quality (they'd been called in to fix stuff that had gone wrong after just a couple of years, or which had never been fitted correctly in the first place). I imaging some of the larger penthouses are nice, but in general I wouldn't touch Sovereign Harbour as a buyer. For £200/250,000, you can get a great flat in other parts of Eastbourne.

Thanks.

As always, things that appear to be too good to be true often are.

As someone who doesn't know the area, do you have a couple of links to "better" flats that you would be willing to share?

HOLA444

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30852430.html

I used to rent in this block, but the owner didn't want to sell. It's in the nicest part of Eastbourne, has a huge communal garden that is actually useable, and is right on the seafront. The downs are a few hundred metres away. OK, this one is SSTC, but you know what that means in today's market.

HOLA445

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30852430.html

I used to rent in this block, but the owner didn't want to sell. It's in the nicest part of Eastbourne, has a huge communal garden that is actually useable, and is right on the seafront. The downs are a few hundred metres away. OK, this one is SSTC, but you know what that means in today's market.

Thank you very much for this ....