House Price Crash Forum

Why Aren't Ea's Regulated?

HOLA441

Why is it that Estate Agents can get away with gross malpractice? In most "professions" there is regulation. Ah, I have answered my own question. They are not a profession. They are a bunch of lying, deceitful, jumped up, ill-educated parasites.

A generation ago, all Estate Agents would have had at least one qualified Surveyor on their staff (i.e. an RICS qualified Surveyor). Now it seems that all you need is the ability to drive a Mini Cooper and a talent for talking out of your ar$e, and you're made.

I give up.

Having worked hard, never racked up any debt (other than a £30K mortgage on the home I bought with my ex-husband back in the 80's), saved hard, and not been lucky enough to have inherited from my parents, I am truly and utterly demoralised. I wish I could speak a foreign language - I would leave this sh1it hole of a country. Come to think of it, I will learn a foreign language and WILL leave.

This country is fecked.

HOLA442

We've had a basin full of frustration and stupidity from a branch of a chain where they drive round in minis....

We have two other independent local agents who aresoniceand friendly and genuine abd helpful towards us we just wish one of them would get a suitable sensibly priced place for us. Problem is because they are sensible and accept Market has fallen they are generally not getting the instructions. They are mostly going to the wan--rs in the minis with the hair gel who talk out their ar$e

edited 4 spelling

Edited by chrismar

HOLA443

We've had a basin full of frustration and stupidity from a branch of a chain where they drive round in minis....

We have two other independent local agents who aresoniceand friendly and genuine abd helpful towards us we just wish one of them would get a suitable sensibly priced place for us. Problem is because they are sensible and accept Market has fallen they are generally not getting the instructions. They are mostly going to the wan--rs in the minis with the hair gel who talk out their ar$e

edited 4 spelling

I feel for you! I am in exactly the same position. There are a couple of "decent" Estate Agents in Winchester, who will tell vendors the truth, but they are outnumbered by the greedy, ignorant hair-gel breed I'm afraid.

HOLA444