Monday, July 29, 2019

Remember him!

Hugh Hendry’s Life After Hedge Funds

Contrarian view investor. And I don't think he was wrong but ran out of runway (money) against the Central Banks/govt policy etc. If you have a view/opinion and the market keeps going against you, you have to sometime take stop and may get with the flow/ get in line. I think this also describes the housing market, everyone knows its over inflated, but how long can you wait for the game to playout? You just get in line which sadly adds for the game to keep going on

Posted by deepak @ 01:37 PM (1330 views)

6 thoughts on “Remember him!

• Several investment managers have been wrong footed by the actions of the Central Banks and politician’s. The Euro should have collapsed around 2011-12 and many fund houses positioned their asset allocations and funds according, however what they underestimated was the political will to keep it going. A similar situation exists with Brexit in so much as a public vote took place but there is no political will to carry it through (blocked by UK/Euro politicians and the establishment)

There will come a time however when Mr Hendry/Woodford/Odey and Sebastion Lyon to name but a few will be proved correct.

• Do you think the same psychology applies to 1000’s of people who hold out buying or moving but then take a risk?

• @ D – Monday, July 29, 2019 11:30PM – herd mentality plays a part (IMO)

• This invitation landed today – Invesco Investment Intelligence Seminars Round 3 2019 (September 2019)

UK HOUSING – IN THE DOLDRUMS?

Since the EU referendum UK sentiment has continued to weaken, and the rate of house price growth has plummeted. With the recent slump in property sales, what are the drivers behind this slowdown? What does this mean for the future of the UK housing market? In this round, we share our thoughts, along with our usual macro update.

• Hi Jack

I’ve watched with interest Neil’s fall from grace and the extent to which HL has been affected.

I remember seeing the 10 year in Portugal being at 36% (correct me if I’m wrong) and the world and his mate predicting an imminent collapse. But the rate now ??? Hmm.

I’ve always held euro cash, and long ago-on here – predicted par with £. Will we get there ? A couple more cycles and I wouldn’t bet against it.

Of course tbh it’s taken a lot longer than I thought.

But that’s the point -it nearly always takes longer than you expect. In the meantime someone has to pay the rent.

I can’t imagine a mortgagee or LL responding well to someone saying, eventually I’ll be proved right and pay you back rent then ….. without repo or sec 21 taking place in the interim.

So yes timing is everything! Sad to say… but I’ve previously learned that the hard way myself !

Hope things are going well with you.

• Hi TM, all OK this end thanks. From memory I thought 10 year in Portugal peaked around the mid 20’s but one thing is for sure it’s virtually zero now (amazing)

Looks like a wise move to be holding Euro’s – I’m being told by a few investment houses that we could see £ Sterling go 1 to 1 against both US$ and Euro by Autumn thus year (August is pretty much finished).

I’ll drop in with a bit more regularity given that things are likely to get very interesting in the next few weeks/months.