Wednesday, February 10, 2016

JP Morgue predicts MINUS 2.69% rates for UK

JPM's Striking Forecast: ECB Could Cut Rates To -4.5%; BOJ To -3.45%; Fed To -1.3%

Hold onto your seats. No wonder Osbourne is attempting to regulate the housing market. At a rate like this, banks will be paying folk to take out a mortgage, but with that amount of deflation, money will gain value just sitting under a mattress, but he will not be able to stem hot money from the continent that from less than 4% rates there. As said, the US Dollar can still rise if Federal rates go negative, so long as it is not as negative as others. #longtermtrend

Posted by libertas @ 03:06 PM (5559 views)

8 thoughts on “JP Morgue predicts MINUS 2.69% rates for UK

• I suspect it will have much more profound effect than simply hot money sloshing into the housing market that you are hoping for. We will all be entering into the unknown and may have to worry about things like jobs, running businesses, international relations fracturing, etc. We are entering the biggest currency war of all time, not something that is going to end with positive results.

• I am not “hoping” for anything, as if my thoughts would have any influence on external events with any moral consequences or relevance to anybody. What I am doing is watching, observing and reacting. You would benefit from doing the same rather than naval gazing.

And it is NOT a currency war, it is a deflationary depression driven by market forces that include insane environmental laws that outlaw CO2 that plants breathe, new technology vastly reducing commodity consumption and facilitating hyper efficient networking and automation, exponentially reducing the cost of doing business and increasing productivity alongside the West’s insane policy of propping up Communist dictatorships like China who have embezzled and misallocated most of the West’s pensions funds, adding deflation to deflation.

• A top exec at a gold miner that I knew said he wouldn’t want to be in a $3000 / oz world – so much would be in flames that fat profits for his firm would be meaningless. Same goes for paper gains on houses under NIRP – I would much rather be in a healthy economy and not have made a massive paper gain on my flat than the current situation, which threatens to get worse

• Is this the same bank who just sold out 5/6 of it’s top 2016 share predictions?

• But Mombers, that is totally irrelevant. The question is, under NIRP, would you be better off renting, buying or living in a squat? You really are limited in choice regarding your principle home. The world is your oyster for subsequent investments and note, nowhere, anywhere did I say that I want NIRP and nor would any such opinion be relevant. The question is, what is happening and what are you going to do about it in your own self interest.

• @ 5

Mombers said: “I would much rather be in a healthy economy and not have made a massive paper gain on my flat than the current situation, which threatens to get worse”

He owns a property.

Pay attention, Libbo.

• @6, ta. It is very relevant to me if millions are people are getting screwed over royally, even if I’m ok. I also have three kids, so my paper gains are more than wiped out by their growing future liabilities.

• Even by your usual standards Libby, you have pulled off truly astonishing non-sequiteur here. CO2 laws indeed. Care to draw the connection between that and the UK housing market?! (Incidentally, since you choose to bring it up… plants breathe CO2 yes, but not at anything like the rate we are releasing it, otherwise why has the concentration of CO2 in the atmosphere nearly doubled since the industrial revolution? Or do you not believe in measurement, only in foaming at the mouth blog conspiraloon theories?)