Monday, November 17, 2014

Cameron prepares the sheeple

Second global crash is looming

Telling us something we already know.....thing is they have been spinning the 'recovery' to People encouraging people to take out debt on overpriced property and loans and credit Cards on the premise we are off to to races again...which we are not otherwise we wouldn't Have emergency rates and props

Posted by taffee @ 06:54 AM (4759 views)

16 thoughts on “Cameron prepares the sheeple

• Cameron warns Vote conservative or your house prices will crash.

• Cameron warns ”the economy is about to go down the plug hole, but it’s nothing to do with us….so vote conservative next election”

• Nearly time for the “blame game” to go up a notch in activity.

Over in Japan Abe faces a triple dip recession and has only “the weather” to blame.

Back to the UK…. We already have objects of blame. For the Tories, its the poor and Putin who are demonized…UKIP will blame the EU…as for Cleggie, he has nobody to blame but himself.

Watch out for that election on Thursday!

• I wonder if the US will resume QE by April? I am sure that the UK will follow shortly after as surely giving the rich more money to outbid the poor for assets will improve the situation.

On the same note I just received some free government money because I use electricity it should be interesting to see this stimulate the economy over the next month.

• Khards,
    Moneyweek editorial was tipping Draghi to undertake some “back door QE” and recommending EU shares to rise on the back of it. Some sort of devaluation seems planned as the Central Bankers race to the bottom.

Many pundits see the Euro as a disaster, bourne out by high unemployment in the Club Med areas.

I guess the Central Bankers will take things in turn in an orchestrated manner.

• Khards,

I guess the Central Bankers will take things in turn in an orchestrated manner.

• But, but, but I thought it was different this time?

• But, but, but I thought it was different this time? – it is the political will still exists to keep the likes of the Euro going the problem now is that they have little or no ammunition left !

I now await Flashman’s entrance stage left to tell us otherwise

• Ok jack, it’s otherwise.

Here’s the adult translation:

Cameron: “We’re doing better than you, so I’m going to use this speech to subtly point that out to my electorate. If I actually thought there was any danger I certainly wouldn’t be saying so, this close to an election. Although it’s completely irelevant to my international audience , I’ll get a few digs in at Labour whilst I’m at it. Hopefully my lecture on the need for economic vigilance will make me look like a a statesman, although I fully appreciate that my pretend international audience will be asleep and that 5 million UK business owners (who employ 25 m) will be no more alarmed than if I’d expressed my tea preference”

Return you canned goods chaps and remember to keep the foil shiny side upwards.

• Lovely – sweetness and light. Meanwhile Japan begins to slip deeper and deeper into recession.

• Flashman is a satirical genius, on another thread he posted:

“Forget all the dramatic nonsense talked about deflation. Lower energy costs are great.”

Oil price is very much linked to the gargantuan credit bubble ponzi. When the politicians talk about growth, what they really mean is growth of credit. When the credit blob grows, oil prices rise. When oil prices fall, that is largely due to credit contraction. Deflation in other words. Not dramatic nonsense, but a very real and potentially devastating trend for debt-laden developed economies. As with the crash of 2008 being preceded by an oil price collapse, crashing pil prices now could well be the harbinger of an impending crash in the creditist system.

That Cameron is openly acknowledging such an outcome, after years of talking up the health of the economy, should tell you something. We are not facing some mild benign form of deflation either. Given the trillions in misallocated funds created since the last crash, the next crisis could well be hyperdeflationary – and would we even be in such a QE Forever lala-land if we weren’t already in the grip of a persistent deflation?

• It seems to me that he knows there are demand-side shocks headed from abroad and he doesn’t want to make Gordon Brown’s mistake of being held accountable for global conditions (although Brown obviously had more to answer for in the banking crisis than DC does in the Euro crisis, let alone the emerging market slowdown).

This is what Robert Peston has been saying for a few months when discussing the possibility of rate rises.

The US will not begin QE again given how difficult it was to taper. I guess that means we probably won’t either, although we’re in a better position to since our programme wasn’t as large. In any case, the US is doing OK. We seem to be doing best, which seems strange, since we’ve made so many bad calls.

Whether or not the rug will come out from under us because the recovery is built on fraudulently-inflated consumer confidence, I can’t say, but DC is obviously, at least in part, shielding himself from any blame that comes his way when the external shocks begin to show up in the GDP figures.

• Debtserf: I think you’ve overdosed on one of the more eccentric blogs. One of the biggest movers of oil price is good old fashioned supply and demand. At the moment there is too much supply and demand has been limited by technology and moderate growth prospects. Supply and demand should always be the first port of call but somewhere along the line the hyperventilating debt ponzi credit controls everything blogs forgot that simple truth. Btw we are not in a “QE Forever lala-land”. QE finished years ago in this country.

As for all this hyper deflation stuff (probably from the same silly blogs that recently touted hyper inflation), there is an almost zero chance of persistent deflation in this country and you’d struggle to find a (paid) analyst who disagrees.

• “As with the crash of 2008 being preceded by an oil price collapse”

Rubbish, the ‘crash’ started in August 9 2007 when BNP Paribas reported a complete absence of liquidity. Oil didn’t peak until July 2008.

• i am currently in usa and things are not good

housing is not selling as fast as they would have you believe

shops are struggling

people are being ultra careful

food help is really ramping up their help for middle classes now

the underlying feeling is the economy is still tanking

gas prices are $2.89 a gallon for unleaded

roads are a little busier

shops and strip malls are still boarded up in many areas

round 2 is coming / looming and I feel the public know it

• Mark, I was in the States last week. I didn’t get that impression. The people I went to see are hiring at the moment and people were buzzing about the stock market. Whether they’re right or wrong a buzzing stock market implies confidence. Btw, a far higher percentage of Americans participate in the stock markets that they do here. Your traffic comment puzzled me. More traffic usually implies more economic activity.