Friday, March 21, 2014

Another bubbled bubble

Warning stocks will collapse by 50% in 2014

article suggest that according to the Warren Buffet indicator that markets could crash by 50% this year. I do wonder whether dear old Putin is being lined up as a scape goat. If only he would invade eastern Ukraine, leading to interventions, a European energy crisis and a banking crises, a worldwide asset collapse could then be blamed on him ( as no one could have seen it coming) and the international financial vultures could then sweep up assets at cheap prices and re set the cycle for the next time around.

Posted by britishblue @ 04:06 PM (6036 views)

13 thoughts on “Another bubbled bubble

• It’s about time they made that secret Wall st. calendar available to the public. How long have those fat-cats been reaping all the rewards for themselves without selling their systems to us humble working folk? Now that it can be bought for a small fee, we’ll all be able to turn $1,000 into $300,000 over a ten-year timeframe just by all making exactly the same trades as one another, at the same time.

Where do I sign up?

• Another incredibly generous act by those kind folk on Wall Street who are well known for helping Joe Average make money, regardless of any impact it may have on their own earnings. Don’t for one second think that any of these guys are just trying to line their own pockets – no way. I mean, to have a calendar that is guaranteed to make money, and then be willing to sell it… Oh hang on a minute.

But all it’s becoming is financial paper shuffling, with paper increasingly worth less and less – the real jobs and wealth creation, have long long gone. The real heart of America died a long time ago.

• It’s the same old story, and the lesson is clear: It’s easier to make money by marketing investments than by actually making them. It’s even easier for people who have big bills to pay, grand delusions to chase and don’t always like to pester prospective investors with the truth.

In June, White’s firm, KGW Capital Management, put out a press release saying its Revelation Forex Fund — advertised as a currency-trading hedge fund — had been ranked the No. 2 best performing fund. Of course, it was ranked by an outfit so obscure and so shamelessly geared toward marketing that it didn’t really matter.

“The Revelation Forex Fund is the real deal,” Sean Hyman, editor of Ultimate Wealth Report, said in the announcement. “Revelation continues to outperform the equity markets, precious metals and most of the hedge funds across the U.S.”

And yet, somehow, no one in the hedge-fund industry said, hey, we should hire this guy. What, were they all jealous?

• Seriously tho, the Buffet indicator seems sensible to me. Markets have surpassed previous highs but GDP hasn’t. So, stocks are more overvalued than in 2007. Makes sense.

But is Warren Buffett preparing for a crash or is that just an assumption people are making because the Buffett indicator is flashing red? The Heinz purchase suggests he’s more worried about inflation. That was a year ago, though.

• Gotta bring the Russian bear to his knees! Mr Waters at his best, go Maggie, ave em! ave em!

Excellent album by the way!

• stillthinking says:

• Stocks.in Russia on 3.6 x earning chinese stocks on 8 x earnings a.d been in bear most
    for 5 years…these are sensible p/e ratios in the circumstance

US markets on over 20x earnings..24 on certain ways of calculating

• I think there will be a big crash. But I have filled my head with the most gloomy of economic opinions. I thought there would be a big crash in nominal terms in housing as well.

Previously this would have happened, and the system would have corrected, all healthy. But here, we have governments and central banks providing props to prevent this from happening……so the markets have grown, and grown FAR beyond what they would have done in a normal economic system.
    What we now have, is things like UK housing having to pull in buyers from all over the world, borrowing from the future (cashing in pensions), massive government spending schemes (FLS & HTB) to prevent the market from falling. As more money gets sucked in, it will simply become unsupportable, because so much money will be needed – like a ponzi.

• mark wadsworth says:

@ Novice Pete, I liked “Not now John” it’s a great song but the rest of that album left me cold.

• @ Mark Wadsworth, Yes, not everyone’s cup of tea I suppose.

• 10 & 11 – That is one of the best albums ever made. By anyone. End of.

• The last time I wrote here, I told you that the house price has crashed 50%, 20% on price and 30% currency and local affordability isn’t important. Many here still argue that there’s more to drop. I think the main problem here is that people don’t like buying cheap cause it may get cheaper! But they have no problem buying high and hoping that it’ll go even higher.

Today, I would like to tell you that the market has a few more years to run. Unfortunately market doesn’t follow novice expectations. So bad news for those waiting for a crash.

Now, I clearly know that this bull run is the second longest bull since the beginning of stock exchange as of march. Market has a tendency of correcting itself especially after a long bull run that last 5 or 6 years. You must be thinking that I’m mad or trying to be contradicting to catch attention. I’m not.

I’m telling you because, It’s sad to see lots of people do not understand and like talking nonsense and perhaps badly affected someone’s decision of a life time.

In states, majority of the US housing was gobbled up by hedge funds during the low few years ago. Ratio of investment from ordinary people vs hedge fund is low. Most has lost their balls. The crash that bottoms out in march 2009 is still in vivid memory of most people, cause there was never a crash so big before. Bottom line is that people in general are still very cautious and money that flows around are printed money and mainly institutions.

I could be wrong of course and good luck!