Wednesday, August 21, 2013

I’m not surprised – anyone on here not surprised?

Government in surprise July deficit

The UK public sector recorded a small but unexpected deficit in July. Public sector net borrowing, excluding the cost of financial interventions, totalled £62m, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS). In the past two years, corporate and income tax receipts pushed the public purse into a July surplus, and markets expected a £2.5bn surplus this time.

Posted by hpwatcher @ 09:21 PM (1987 views)

13 thoughts on “I’m not surprised – anyone on here not surprised?

• Well now we know where that ‘growth’ came from. Growth in debt, if they keep printing at this rate we by this time next year we will all be millionaires!

• I work in the public sector, and jobs have been flowing like it is boom time. They have decided to just pump, I think. Looking for a fall in Sterling as the correction.

• I only post here when I am not in work. I use public sector money right now to fund investments into my business. Since that is what I’m qualified in, I have to transition that way, but I do plan to move away from being a scrounger.

• This is the problem with Socialists like Mark Wadsworth, constantly calling for new forms of taxation, distrustful of the free market. They really are quite nasty whenever they fancy or don’t get their way.

• A friend of mine works in the tax office, must work about 3 out of 7 days with the rest as paid leave. Also gets a pension and an afternoon playing football paid for.

Nice work if you can get it.

Libby, how about you quit your job and we give everyone a 1p tax rebate.

• mark wadsworth says:

Libby, how about you quit your job and we give everyone a 1p tax rebate.

Seconded.

UK Government is so desperately hoping for the good times to roll,

Shame this recovery is nothing other than a debt fuelled farce.

• @9 – There must be white faces all around at the moment.

• Reallyneedtoregister says:

The word ‘unexpected’ preceeds just about every ‘news’ item on a fiscal subject. Main exception to that is house prices which are only in ‘unexpected’ territory when they decrease. I expect other ‘unexpected’ events soon, like more Euroland and Bank bailouts, rampant ‘real’ inflation, more financial sector sleaze, political scandal, riots, etc. However, I do expect house prices to rise, rising Help to Sell %, rising QE, along with rising rents and rising Landlord Subsidy.

Another over used word by those reporting is “contraversial”… seems to precede everything.

• The July deficit…

We are in a giant bubble.

• stillthinking says:

I think everybody has had at least a taste of the public sector rich soup, sadly not enough in my case.

• @5
    “I have to transition that way”, lost me there.