Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Reformation

When Britain stops blaming itself, it can overthrow the existing order

A depressed, introverted 'look after No 1' mentality has ruled for 30 years. But a poll shows we may be ready for radical change.

Posted by dill @ 05:27 PM (2969 views)

6 thoughts on “Reformation

• It won’t be NuLabour that changes things, their front bench is too deeply mired in crony capitalism.

Can’t see Harriet voting for this one……..

• Now is not a time for complacency.

• The thing that might get the UK mobilized is a bank crash like 2008…. and falling into the clutches of the IMF.

I’ve just come home from Turkey and they have a different work ethic to many parts of the UK. Before someone tells me to go live there, I must say that the benefit culture doesn’t exist there like the UK, plus a lot of other positives. Their banks aren’t in trouble either. It’s part of a national pride thing….

However, I don’t want to see this country on it’s knees, although that’s my fear…being bled dry by cheats and bankers and useless career politicians… (sorry about the rant).

• “A depressed, introverted look”

Describes the typical Guardian reader perfectly.

• mark wadsworth says:

Alan: “I must say that the benefit culture doesn’t exist there like the UK”

Well my mate who is Turkish says yes, most people under 50 or so are in work, but at that age nearly everybody goes into early retirement on 2/3 of their final salary, or something completely insane like that. A lot of people continue working past that age but that’s a separate issue.

• stillthinking says:

I have stopped thinking about No.1, because No.1 is a lost cause.

I only hope that I can society from the greedy social theft of Guardian readers clamped down on the nipple of the general taxpayer, their holiday/sick-leave fingers in the till. Yes I have turned. I want to save society not bury it.