Thursday, October 18, 2012

Mortgage boom lifts US banks

Mortgage boom lifts US banks

American banks report better than expected third quarter earnings following the Federal Reserve's intervention in the housing market.

Posted by martingreen @ 03:46 PM (1858 views)

12 thoughts on “Mortgage boom lifts US banks

• ….and of course this doesn’t have anything to do with the US elections…..oh nooo.

• I want to know how tony blair managed to get the job working for obama on the elections, which banking dynasty is blair related to?

• mark – he’s been adopted by the house of JP Morgan.

In fact a quick google for more facts quickly led me to this…

His salary with JP Morgan is £2.5million a year – for advice apparently :-). NIce for him I guess.

And now he has a new £4.2m mortgage from his firm as well. Very cosy!

• mark – he’s been adopted by the house of JP Morgan.

In fact a quick google for more facts quickly led me to this…

And now he has a new £4.2m mortgage from his firm as well. Very cosy!

• Didn’t Blair get most of the treason laws repealed?

Makes sense to cover your back, sorry neck!

• @4

Won’t save him. Either from himself or anyone else, for that matter.

• A more appropriate title “Mortgage boom sinks US banks” or was I dreaming that ninja (no income no job) lending that went on in the last decade

• Won’t save him. Either from himself or anyone else, for that matter.

That *man* can get as religious as he likes…but if there is a hell, he has certainly done more-than-enough to end up there.

• Off topic, I know, but I’ve just got to add:

It amazes me that Tony Blair doesn’t burst into flames when he enters a church. Proof that God doesn’t exist. I’d say.

• crash bandicoot says:

Jack, you’re sinking to my level now…

I think that the belief is that if they throw enough money in, the banks will float on it.

• Crash @ Thursday, October 18, 2012 11:19PM

I’ve taken a fair bit of time out lately to re-charge my batteries which has subsequently led me to completely overhaul my business and future strategy.

For me another idea from Dr Frankenstein’s economics Lab “The Fed has pledged – and has just started – to buy mortgage debt with printed money until the economy improves”

• crash bandicoot says:

Jack, I think that “improves” needs to be in quotes or perhaps italics to convey the true meaning of the sentence.