Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ee in my day, you bought a house for living in.

The over-50s trapped by an uncaring society

Evidently the MSM are cranking-out the selected sob-stories just in time for the next mis-selling scandal. Were you sold a mortgage product which didn't make it clear the principal needed paying off? Call 0800-Debt-Writedown today and leave your kids an unexpected inheritance.

Posted by sibley's b'stard child @ 12:55 PM (1954 views)

10 thoughts on “Ee in my day, you bought a house for living in.

• I stopped reading at “The interest-only trap that caught us out”.

Really ?!!!!!!!!!!!

The fact that it’s referred to as a trap says it all really.

• That must be why every other f*cking house up for sale is reduced for the over 60’s…

• mark wadsworth says:

“Baby Boomers fall into trap of own making: shock”

It’s difficult to have any sympathy with them whatsoever. They cheerfully engineered themselves a windfall gain of several hundred thousand pounds and kept remortgaging to be able to spend all that money tax free. And now they’re whining about a £40,000 shortfall?

Anyway, the more Poor Widows clear out of mansions which they have remortgaged to the hilt, the less problem there will be when we replace all existing taxes with LVT 🙂

• This is all bullsh*t.

My wife and I took out an endowment mortgage on our first home in 1972 and another in 1985 when we moved to accommodate our growing family. On each occasion the principal was clearly explained and consequently we made sure that we would have sufficient funds to repay the loan.

I also note with interest that” as they needed to pay care costs for Mrs Hughes’s mother” which suggests to me that they had benefited from the sale of the mother’s home and blown the proceeds, otherwise if the mother had no home or assets, her care would have been council funded.

I have no sympathy for these people who are either thick or should have made perfectly sure that they understood what they were buying.

Caveat Emptor.

• mark wadsworth says:

Mr G, there is a third possibility, they are not thick and they knew exactly what they were doing – which is to play the hard luck story and gamble on the government bailing them out by making the banks write off their debts or pay them compensation or something.

• I’m in a trap & no one told me that i could get an IO mortgage & not have to pay it back… Where’s my Lawyer

• ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha — breathe — ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha — breathe — ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha — breathe — ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

“The interest-only trap that caught us out”.

To quote an old phrase: “education, education, education.” Stupid people.

• Blimey there are some hard luck stories kicking about – maybe these people should listen and learn ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbNgMxilnSw

Another amazing headline “trapped by an uncaring society”

Good to see Sib’s chipping in again !

• sibley's b'stard child says:

Thanks Jack, i’ve lost my mojo of late.

How’s the kids?

• Hi Sib’s like myself I noticed u have been quiet of late – good to see you come back on board

My kids are fine thanks, still in work and in credit but unable to afford a home of their own – I guess they will fly the nest in 10 to15 years time just when I start needing care !