Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Updated Numbers

Economy shrank more than expected in Q4

"The Office for National Statistics said the economy contracted by 0.3 percent between October and December last year, taking the annual rate of growth to 0.5 percent"

Posted by alan @ 09:56 AM (1257 views)

6 thoughts on “Updated Numbers

• Wooohooo. I’m the operator with my pocket calculator… I hope we’re all enjoying the experiment in failed monetarist dogma.

• mark wadsworth says:

Does this surprise anybody? I remember the last proper recession, it started in the early 1970s and dragged on until the mid 1990s.

• MW – no it doesnt surprise me – to use a Smugdog expression “have a look outside at what’s going on around you” I’m finding lots of people on reduced working hours, losing jobs and tons of shops on the high st closing down – I sense a prolonged slowdown

• yet everyone still is a wannabee jordon or big fat gypsy or a cage fighter, the UK is full of stupid scum, with little or no idea of what life is about they all just want to be on TV for nothing and earn loads for no work

• happy mondays says:

But yet house prices defy gravity 🙁

• Therightprice says:

I am not employed (12 years in the city) and no jobs around and the few jobs available are 2004 salary and my friends do not complain that no bonus, no salary increase. They are just happy to have a job! plus other friends lost their jobs etc. never seen such bad time!
    I hear people say that house prices will go up, lay people who give me the usual reasons (island, the city people are rich, demand supply) but no real reason (I would listen to them otherwise!). Got 400k in cash but patiently wait for the market to go down. It will! hard to convince the average person that is why they have not go down YET. They will! this is the worst recession due to the House price bubble. Guess what will go down? Still, I have to say, hard to wait! I need to be calm! but hard, very hard! I got money! I will not waste it though….