Thursday, March 29, 2012

UK government to release strategic land reserves to defuse housing crisis

US, UK and France consider oil release to curb fuel prices

In a dream world: "Rents and house prices are rising fast and choking off economic growth. We have decided to relax government throttling of supply and also to levy a tax on all land with planning permission, so that our precious supplies are fully utilised"

Posted by mombers @ 10:23 AM (2030 views)

14 thoughts on “UK government to release strategic land reserves to defuse housing crisis

• mombers – or, put the other way round…But since two-thirds of the electorate own a thousand barrels of oil each the plan to release oil to curb prices was scrapped.

• mark wadsworth says:

Hee hee, I must pinch that idea and translate the whole article into Home-Owner-Ist, where OPEC ends up as the “Owners of Property Extortion Committee” and so on.

• mw are you on twitter?

• MW, I was going to try to copy your excellent tongue in cheek real-world-to-homey® translations but that’s best left to the experts

• On a side note:

People will not be so eager to go and view houses if fuel is in short supply, thus putting downward pressure on sales.

• mark wadsworth says:

Mark, yes of course I’m “on” Twitter and every few monts I’m so bored that I go on it and retweet a few other Tweets which I find amusing.

• MW my partner has recently started a clothing business follow her on twitter pls @scruffygirlclth

• mark wadsworth says:

Mombers, done.

Mark, go on then. seeing as you ask so nicely.

• thx

• just been offered a job by email, lol

Would you like to work for the Government organization and participate in
    the development of the United States?
    Perhaps it is your talent the country needs at this moment.

Requirements – minimum age 21

We invite you to work closely, anyone who does not care about the life of
    the state you must not care about anything

If you are a student, military, businessman, retired – we’ll be happy to
    listen to the opinions of everyone and take help from you.

We have $1,000,000 dollers for your bank account when you receive work

• mark wadsworth says:

I got an interesting email from “[email protected]

Dear Customer,

To prevent unauthorised access to your accounts, our online security team has temporarily suspended your access. No further log in attempts will be accepted.

This is an automated procedure that occurs when invalid information is submitted during the log in process. follow the link below to confirm your identity and restore your online access

Sincerely,

Lloyds TSB Bank Fraud Prevention Department

I dunno why they bothered, as i don’t have an account with them.

• yeh i got them but the job offer is more tempting lol

although i was really tempted by a guy in nigeria who offered me $100,000,000 when i replied and asked if that was all he said i could have a free hooker too lol

• mark wadsworth says:

This one baffles me as well:

“hi,there gmwadsworth

gmwadsworth i am happy to introduce a good site for you, gmwadsworth

brand computer,digital camera,iphone,ipad.. gmwadsworth

the price is very lower gmwadsworth

s i t e : urseeee. com

20:04:59”

• This is the best email i have had

Dear Sirs

A few years ago I acquired some gold at a fantastic price, but due to my government I am unable to sell or move this gold out of my country in my name if sir you would kindly give me your name, address and bank details I will transfer the gold into your name for you to sell on my behalf when you have sold the gold you will receive 30% of the sale amount less any taxes I have to pay.

Looking forward to hearing from you

Mr G Brown