Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Everything thats wrong in our society

Alan hanson on 1.5 million a year

I thought terry wogan and bruce forsyth on almost a mill was a joke...now this...another example of how taxpayers are being sold down the river imo....I though these pundits paid to go on there!

Posted by taffee @ 03:34 PM (1615 views)

11 thoughts on “Everything thats wrong in our society

• i remember the 90`s says:

I like MOTD and enjoy the comments in between ,but not at that price it makes me angry that this broadcaster just blows our money away on silly contracts.

• Is Alan Hansen really one of the 19 individuals paid over £500,000? I seriously doubt it. There can’t be more than 14 people paid over £1m as the total for those paid £1m-£5m is £14.6m. In addition there must be at least 6 people paid between £500k and £750k, and at least four paid between £750k and £1m, in order for those figures to add up. So there are actually a maximum of 9 people paid over £1m.

Figures from BBC Annual Report, http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/annualreport/pdf/bbc_executive_2010_11.pdf , page ‘2-44’.

Still, I’d far rather have Lee Dixon, who can actually express football tactics, rather than the banal drivel mouthed by Hansen. Shearer is even worse.

• should ANYONE at the bbc be on over 500,000?….thats 3 x the prime minister and 9x an MP

I am gobsmacked by the fees…I thought maybe COUPLE OF THOUSAND PER SHOW

THESE PEOPLE ARE ‘AVING A LAFF

• greenshootsandleaves says:

Any truth in those stories about all those football pundits being driven back home in a taxi (way, way beyond the M25, I might add) after the programme?
    For all we know, Chris Patten’s department may be feeding a few contract details to the press to test the public mood (e.g. at what point does Fiona Bruce’s rear (of the year, a few years back) become too expensive to ogle (I couldn’t possibly comment – not with Mrs Greenshoots looking over my shoulder as I write this!) or do Mr Yentob’s documentaries on chairs or spoons or whatever represent poor value for money in relation to a very generous salary and several pensions, one or more of which he is already (allegedly) drawing?).

• sorry, what has this got to do with the HPC?

• I agree with all the comments and object to the BBC paying such sums but when are the public going to wake up to the fact that footballers and celebs are just as parasitic as bankers?

Just out of curiosity, where is the connection with HPC?

• mr g (Wednesday, November 2, 2011 09:05PM) – despite being paid a significant sum each week by the BBC Mr Hanson can’t afford a property in London which would save him having to commute from Southport each week. He’s building up a nice deposit but at 56 cant quite meet the monthly repayments on a capital & Interest basis over a 9 year term (to take him to normal retirement age).

• little professor says:

Many of the newsreaders on News24 are on £150k+ per year. Not the main presenters of the BBC One news bulletins, but the anonymous punters on the 24 hour news channel. Never understood that.

• The BBC is unarguably a massive gravy train but I refuse to believe Mr Hanson is raking in that much per year .

Having said that MOTD is one of the things the beeb does really well ; along with sports report , radio 3 and BBC4 TV .

I reckon those go a long way towards making the license fee worthwhile for me but they really should float the Pravda bit off .

I object to paying for them to try and brain wash me and turn me into a moron .

• Good on him for commanding that sort of money, if the bbc are stupid enough to pay it. I suspect one of the problems is that the people agreeing the contracts and signing the cheques, probably have their own snouts burried deep in the trough. All helps to justify their own greed.

So who’s actually regulating these salaries and contracts?

@ taffee.. said ‘should ANYONE at the bbc be on over 500,000?….’ – Agreed. How on earth can they justify these salaries? ‘Licence’ to print money if you ask me, no pun intended.

• Seems appaling if true. If true. It might not be. It’s the Daily Mail therefore it cannot be taken as read.

>> one of the problems is that the people agreeing the contracts and signing the cheques, probably have their own snouts burried deep in the trough.
    Nail on head. In all walks of life of course, the BBC being a relatively insignificant example.