Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What happens if you are too greedy on prices

Recently Reduced

This property has been on the market now since April last year, I am fed up of seeing on the listings in my area. They have now reduced again to 900k, it started at 1375K. More of this to come methinks!

Posted by wdbeast @ 12:31 PM (1417 views)

7 thoughts on “What happens if you are too greedy on prices

• yorkshireman says:

Looks cold and without a soul too. Maybe it’s dead like the market.

• Quote:

The current price for this property is £555,000 (161%) higher than the average asking price for a 5-bedroom property in Fleckney (£345,000) and £414,051 (85%) higher than the average asking price for a 5-bedroom property in LE17 (£485,949). This property’s current price is £689,334 (327%) higher than the average asking price for a detached property in Fleckney (£210,666) and £487,191 (118%) higher than the average asking price for a detached property in LE17 (£412,809).

Says it all really.

• crash bandicoot says:

rant, the reason that it’s higher than the average asking price in Fleckney is because it’s not in Fleckney… I think that you can tell where I’m comming from with that statement.

wd, you can’t be too far away from me. I like to look up the home website every now and then to check out the recently reduced section. It looked like half of Arnesby was recently reduced the other week.

• cb, it will be interesting to see what happens with the windmill, lovely property, but what is the right price?

I am a little further east, near the Langtons, what about you?

• crash bandicoot says:

Further west, the other side of the Motorway. As I said I like to look at the recently reduced section and for the last 6 months there has been a slow but steady reduction in £300k plus homes. This is slowly filtering down to smaller homes but lots of these guys are hanging on for 2007 prices to return.

You’re a bit out of my league looking at £1M houses. I can remeber a while ago that the old rectory in Willoughby was on for £990k and the old Edwardian Lodge between Dunton and Broughton was £850k. Makes a mockery of the place in the photo (or maybe current house prices).

• cb, I look at all the properties, especially the ones I can’t afford…yet, here’s hoping!

I remember the Willoughby place, don’t know if it ever sold though.

I remember my Mum telling me years ago that when times were tough in the 70s, you couldn’t give away those old stacks, they cost too much to run and repair, I think there maybe a return to those sentiments once the bubble has popped!

• crash bandicoot says:

wd, I stayed there at first when I moved to the area. The owner had to run it as a b&b to make ends meet!