Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Which is duller, there or here?

Dullest Blog

We have a little bit of fun with Kirstie Allsop (so it IS relevant to HPC) and then the topic is wiped. One might say this is becoming a very boring forum. I'm sure you will wipe this too but you need to take note if you want to keep your subscribers!

Posted by watchman @ 02:31 PM (1635 views)

8 thoughts on “Which is duller, there or here?

• Dullest blog? Sounds like most of Facebook…

• The Kirsty post was pure ad hominem celebrity-bashing at its worst. I’m here to read serious stuff about the housing crisis. Posting articles like that makes us all look like mean-spirited mindless haters. We can do better than that.

• drewster @2

Agreed. Insulting post.

• all work and no play makes drewster a bit dull…

• inbreda

I was refering to the OP. Drewster’s a good contributor.

If that was your take?

For all it’s occasional ills, this is a place where a front is put up to the mainstream view. Long may it continue until a semblance of equality is restored – if not in worth, at least in opportunity.

• While I do enjoy a bit of “Look it’s Kirsty frolicking in the sea – hasn’t she grown! Looks like she’s have a whale of a time!” posts, they are not serious and probably don’t really belong here.

It’s a reasonable tradeoff between a site that people can contribute to and a mainstream wider economics interest site.

• Guy’s lets be honest as soon as MW posted up the Krusty thread it was guaranteed to be pulled – the fact that it lasted more than 2 hours was surprising to say the least – now I hold my hands up as I chipped in with odd quip but for my part there was no malice meant it was simply a bit of P taking with hopefully no harm done.

Drewster is an excellent long term contributor on hpc and has simply cast his opinion and perhaps makes a valid point – lets just leave it at that on move on.

• What was the blog was about? I met her briefly a couple of months ago when they were filming a new series of Location Location Location in Marlow – we were talking about Devon and some friends who had recently moved there with the help of the programme – she kept flashing this huge ring at me and dropped into the conversation that her partner had bought it for her from an antique dealer in Devon – I didn’t really comment about it and perhaps she was expecting some remark, but all of a sudden she turned and walked off – I said “nice to meet you” but she completely ignored me and got into the back of a Mercedes and started tapping away on her iPhone – I thought “how rude”….