Thursday, September 22, 2011

Correct answers shown after you submit your answers

What are tenants' rights? – quiz

With would-be homebuyers struggling for mortgage finance, demand for rental properties is on the up. So make sure you know your rights … and responsibilities. 1. My local lettings agent wants to charge me a fee before it will provide me with details of the properties it rents. Is that legal? 2. I have an excellent credit rating but my letting agent tells me I have to pay to get a credit check done before I move into a property. Is that legal? 3. I'm about to move into an assured shorthold tenancy property where the landlord says he won't be putting my deposit into a Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme. Can he legally do that? (Total of 10 questions.)

Posted by drewster @ 03:22 PM (1252 views)

7 thoughts on “Correct answers shown after you submit your answers

• question 1) is your tenant a gypsy if yes go to question 99

99) do you have a good lawyer well versed in human rights
    if no then give up and hand property to gypsy if yes still hand over property to gypsy and give up

• Very few is the correct answer.

• sibley's b'stard child says:

Mark, if you were to ever feature on Mastermind I would recommend the following specialist subjects: Corrupt councillors, Tescos and gypsies.

• awww thanks sib

• sibley's b'stard child says:

Not bad, 8 out of 10. Didn’t know about the credit check & service charge aspects.

• They were all trick questions, so you have to apply reverse psychology and they’re quite easy…

• Got 9 out of 10 … Tripped up by the shelf question.
    Funny that the author of the piece had to change a couple of the questions based on corrections from the people taking it.