Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Tragic end to bid for a better house

Tragic end to bid for a better house

A very sad incident that follows another a few months ago where a mother & her baby were burnt alive in an an illegal HMO in Milton Keynes. You will need to click next to read the Main article.

Posted by karma4all @ 03:24 PM (948 views)

9 thoughts on “Tragic end to bid for a better house

• Something doesn’t add up, but who am I to doubt the ability of the police force/fire department to take the required time.

• Terribly sad, but looks like he was driven to this by his missus. A recurring theme.

• @2, how very true. I too have been driven to the point of buying a house by the missus. Thankfully not as sad a result as the guy from MK, but can’t help thinking there is a consistency regarding who wears the trousers in most relationships.

• Burning down a terraced house? That wouldn’t go down well with the neighbours.

• A sad story, but deliberately burning down a house is a crime, not to mention endangering other lives, which this article implicitly seems to be condoning.
    I note the usual sexist comments about the guy being driven to it by the missus, I thought this was a forum for intelligent discussion.

• Oi!! I’m not a sexist! It’s just that women always push their blokes in directions that their blokes dont want to go, and they simply don’t have the intelligence to be able to make calculated choices. They are driven by less logical motives, and are therefore not as good decision makers.

• that was tongue in cheek asaver – before you accuse me of sexism!

• The comment @5 prompted me to read the story. Sounds like the wife fell out with the neighbours and wanted to be rehoused as noone on the street talked to her. Considering her husband has just been burnt to death some of her comments seem, shall we say, rather thoughtless and maybe not becoming of a grieving widow…

• inbreda @7, I knew that! Although that’s just the sort of thing my dad really did frequently say to my sister and I as we were working our way up the career ladder in clinical and preclinical research. Nothing like a bit of parental encouragement, is there?