Monday, April 4, 2011

Probably have to, to pay of the mortgage!

'Most of us WANT to work past 65': Astonishing claim by IDS as he unveils overhaul which could push retirement age beyond 70

‘Perhaps if you are a hedge fund manager you do not have the same level of exhaustion as a panel beater, but most people have had enough after 40-odd years.’

Posted by happy mondays @ 09:23 AM (1296 views)

7 thoughts on “Probably have to, to pay of the mortgage!

• I can almost hear the IDS and the toffs asking “what’s a panel beater?”.

Most folk I know are glad to get an “early retirement email” at 57 or 58. its a blessed relief. Maybe they will go on to do a part time job or “work unpaid”, looking after grandchildren. Friends in my road used the payoff cheque to repay the cash they had MEWed on their home and are keen for their company pension to kick in ASAP.

• We were never put on this earth to work for it’s destruction, but rather it’s creation.

The Babylonian system is still alive and well. Over the decades It has stamped it’s identity into each and everyone of us.

The unelected green fascists, mad scientists and money changers are a cunning bunch, but we haven’t seen their end game just yet.

God help us.

• sibley's b'stard child says:

Panel beater? I thought that was the urge to put your fist through the TV when watching Question Time. You’re referring to cars; gotcha.

• depends if you work for yourself or work for someone else, most people who either own a business or are self employed i know would be happy to work till they drop

• happy mondays says:

Retirement is a phallusy for the average man / woman by the time i reach this, the pot will be empty… I shall have to sell the house i never had for cash flow or live under brighton pier with my bottle of white lightning :- (

• sibley's b'stard child says:

Retirement is a phallusy? I doubt i’d still be able to get it up by then…

• orcusmaximus says:

A big company I once worked for did a study on this, and discovered that the life expectancy of it’s employees was three years after they retired. When I heard that I thought – “Three years? I’ll never last that long!”