Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Steph writing on UK Inflation @ 4%

Explanation time for the Bank

Stephanie Flanders take on Mervyn King's letter(s).

Posted by alan @ 03:47 PM (1566 views)

9 thoughts on “Steph writing on UK Inflation @ 4%

• The BOE has lost all credibility, allowing inflation to increase unchecked. Januarys RPI 5.1%

• Is it just me or are King’s eyes getting ever smaller.

We could do with a mole in the BOE.

• I really feel like not declaring my bank interest this year.
    My money is being inflated away because of BOE policies and then HMRC wants to effectively tax my losses!

• 1. miken

Velcome to ze Nu Vorld Orda.

• @Miken

I agree 100% with your sentiments.

Whilst not wishing to encourage law breaking, this is just one way that the ordinary person can fight back as the system in the shape of the banks and HMRC is so grossly incompetent that there is every likelihood that you won’t be caught out.

• On that point I was wondering if you could get away with not paying tax on gold and silver ‘value’ increases on the basis they aren’t so much increases as a reflection of sterling decreases.
    Silver up (sterling down against silver) nearly 12% so far – this year. Wish I’d bought more now !

I’ll stop ramping.

• tyrellcorporation says:

I got rid of every penny I’ve ever earned and took on £80k of debt 2 weeks ago when I bought my house. I also have gold silver and oil in varying quantities and asset classes.

These jokers are going to run inflation at or around 5% for at least 3-5 years which will be an effective 25-30% cut in the value of your cash. Hey presto, house prices have crashed and the prudent have paid for it.

• Summer of discontent I hope

• @4: “which will be an effective 25-30% cut in the value of your cash”

This makes me feel a lot better about the amount of debt I’m in 🙂