Wednesday, February 2, 2011

I cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to your PC

Landlords 'should have more government support'

The government should support landlords by pushing lenders to increase provision of buy-to-let mortgages, it has been argued. Landlords should receive more government support in order to encourage lenders to grant buy-to-let mortgages, it has been claimed. Chris Town, vice-chair of the Residential Landlords Association, noted although the market appears to be "loosening up … it is still very restrictive for professional landlords who wish to get into the market in a serious way". Britons hoping to let property privately may find limited new home construction means it is difficult to join the buy-to-let market, as a shortage of real estate will potentially push up prices and make it harder to secure a loan.

Posted by sibley's b'stard child @ 09:28 AM (1369 views)

6 thoughts on “I cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to your PC

• I agree they should get help from the Government…… take these people to the edge of a cliff and the government should employ people to push them off

• I’ve heard it all now, pass me my gun.

• mark wadsworth says:

“We own land! Give us money! Make the little people pay more income tax and give it to use to buy even more land and charge all the little people more rent!”

• It is not fair that bankers got large government bailouts so they could pay themselves huge christmas bonuses yet what did landlords get out of the crisis (except artificially high property prices held up by very low interest rates and extortionate levels of housing benefits)?

• Is it possible to be more wrong?
    The government has already pledged its support for FTB’s, and one of the main reasons they need support is because of the surge in BTL over the last 10 years or so which has resulted in the shortage of suitable property for them. If the government is serious about supporting FTB’s it should do exactly the opposite of what this guy is suggesting by changing the tax system.

• I don’t want to have to work myself and I shouldn’t have to because the serfs owe me a living .