Tuesday, February 1, 2011

BP’s dividend is back, but should you buy in?

BP's dividend is back, but should you buy in?

Oil giant BP has reinstated its dividend payout. And new chief executive Bob Dudley has big plans to rebuild it as a smaller, stronger company. But with its recent Russian deal already proving troublesome, does it make sense to buy BP shares?

Posted by damien @ 03:40 PM (1264 views)

9 thoughts on “BP’s dividend is back, but should you buy in?

• well i have added 40k of them to my collection of shares

• And why did you feel you had to tell us that? You looking for a tap on the back Mark?

• of course i am why else would i post that

been buying lloyds bank too

• little professor says:

Going to invest £5100 in BP shares. They are massivley underpriced at the moment compared to their long term trend and compared to their nearest competitors. Sadly, I fear this marks the end of my youthful idealism and the beginning of my cynical self-interested middle age – five years ago I would never have dreamed of investing in an evil ‘big oil’ corporation; now I just want any kind of return on my cash, screw the planet.

• BP, I don’t trust them and they have history to back that distrust up.

I wouldn’t touch them with a bargepole. I am still long oil however.

• Have a tap on the back Mark.

BTW, as you’re obviously a bit flush, can I borrow a fiver?

• If you want to gloat about how amazingly clever and wealthy you are Mark, why don’t you sod off to a Gordon Gekko forum or such like. This is a HPC forum if you hadn’t noticed and it was speculators like you, albeit in houses, that caused house prices to rise exponentially, as it is speculators like you who are forcing shares into severely overbought territory, and trying to drag in a few nervous and gullible potential retail investors into buying into your overbought stock so you can off-load. Have a great day:0)

I think it well worth investing in a few shares too.

• the time to buy was when they were £3