Saturday, January 15, 2011

This Message Is At The Bottom Of The Property Desription

Message To Buyers

Read the "MESSAGE TO BUYERS:" at the end of the details Can this be legal? I was truly outraged when I read it.

Posted by wdbeast @ 11:13 AM (5543 views)

21 thoughts on “This Message Is At The Bottom Of The Property Desription

• I’ve just emailed the agent throught Rightmove. Everyone should do the same!!

• As EAs are legally unregulated in England and Wales they can get way with a lot.

Smells like the EA is upset that for some mysteries reason their
    Properties are over valued. All the smart agents are
    Pricing below Market price to sucker more
    Than one buyer to force bidding wars.

• …agreed it goes well beyond the line of anything I’d consider professional. I have to say anyone half clued up would just be put off by such nonsense. A bit like an EA around here in Mid-Sussex that last year got put up posters crowing that the market was on the up and everything was rosy – they even went for a new marking brand to demostrate their confidence – a bit of a joke now as alledgedly they haven’t sold a house for about 3 months – so those posters now look ridiculous as the market here is dead.

• Anybody daft enough to believe that deserves exactly what they get. Buy gold not houses.

• OMG everyone reading this will take the EA’s word for it because EAs are so knowledgeable and trustworthy.

• Awful financial advice from that estate agent. Perhaps a good sign of the fear stage creeping in?

• “If you would like a free consultation with our whole of market independent mortgage advisor …”

The financial advisor’s job is to earn commission by selling you a mortgage and possibly other financial products. After you’ve done the interview, the estate agent will be given information about your financial status i.e. how much debt you might be persuaded to take on for a sale, which isn’t good from a bargaining perspective.

I see no reason not to shop around for mortgages with a third-party broker but perhaps it’s best to steer clear of the EA’s friendly in-house advisor.

• little professor says:

Ceiling price for that street is £205k, and that’s pretty much at the top of the market in early 2007. No way this is going to sell for £239k – no wonder the EA has to resort to these tactics.

• I have emailled him. Being told what to think is bad enough at the best of times but by a self-appointed, spikey haired, depserate, just-about-to-go-out-of-business oik is beyond toleration. Has it ever occured that he’s wrong but doesn’t care. Now is the best time to buy a house??? ‘kin hell. That’s incredible. I think 1999 may have been.

• Rightmove – About us:

Rightmove.co.uk is the UK’s number one property website. We are not estate agents but we aim to be the place for UK home movers to find details of all properties available to buy or rent.

Not estate agents, but still eager to hand out unqualified advice!

• If you would like a free consultation with our whole of market independent mortgage advisor, please call 01858463705 to book an appointment. Yeah. Right.

1. ‘Whole of Market’ is not the same as ‘independent’ – as defined by the FSA,
    2. As an genuine ‘independent’ FS person, clients might be surprised if I didn’t go along with Rightmove on that statement.

• makes my blood boil. perhaps someone should point out to the muppet what happened in Japan. wakey wakey

• I can understand that buyers would feel annoyed by this comment, but I have bought property in both booms and lost as well as just after a market started to rise. I don’t actually like high hous prices and owning my own home over the last 20 or so years has been a roller coaster and very restrictive in life. I am sure I would have had a more interesting life if I had never bought. I am actually now currently a house owner and mortgage free though as a result of much hard work, worry and endurance from working to pay morgages. I dn’t think you should be that annoyed by this message though.While it may seem self interested on the part of the estate agent I actually agree that you should buy a home when you personally can afford it, never wait. Even if it goes down for a while it will always rise in the long term and all the time you own your own home it is always apart from being your very own home, useful because you can rent rooms in it or rent it out. Cash is a dead duck in the bank at present – it’s devaluing because of inflation and the world banking crisis is not over so you could lose it. Many are piling money into gold either real gold or ‘on paper’ gold positions. I personally think that some of this gold is fake. It takes many years to open and work a mine to produce gold and just so many people are buying it I can’t beleive the number of positions equals the gold out there. A couple of years ago I read on the internet there were fake gold bars out there. Also when the gold price turns it can go down for 30 years and you have lost money and have an asset that is useless. While the Weimar republic people preserved wealth in gold years ago I think it is different this time round because the banruptcy is global this time. I’m keep ing my money in property thanks very much. When more banks started collapsing in Europe and we see more countries taking bailouts more people will start rushing back their cash into property again so the estate agents could be right afterall.

• Presumably the seller is an imminent buyer themselves. And the eventual buyer is most likely, themselves, going to have been a seller. (This is not a FTB property after all. And us Sold-To-Rent types are a tiny fraction of the market.)
    Preaching about the urgency of buying just screams frustration at those people who are well positioned for what is unfolding.

• mark wadsworth says:

I can’t see a ‘message for buyers’. Can somebody cut and paste it here?

• Ah! Now removed.
    However – Courtesy of PropertyBee…

MESSAGE TO BUYERS: Interest rates are very low; there has never been a better time to buy than right now. Buyers would ideally like to buy at the bottom of the market just before prices start to rise. The problem is nobody knows when the market has bottomed out; nobody has a crystal ball to my knowledge. The housing market peaks and troughs and prices do fluctuate but the important fact which is often overlooked is that over the medium to long term prices do rise, always have done, always will do. Buyers ideally would like to buy at the bottom of the curve but it is impossible to predict when that will be. If you look back to 2008 which was a similar market to the one we are in now, a lot of would be buyers sat on the fence and delayed their buying decision waiting for the market to bottom out. The problem was that the market in 2009 recovered sharply and those buyers that were holding out regretted doing so because prices rose by at least 5% in 2009. This scenario could happen again in 2011 so if you are thinking of buying, don’t hold back because you could get caught out like a lot of people did in 2008/2009. Buyers need to take a medium to long term view when purchasing and look at their investment as somewhere to live which will gradually increase in value rather than expect a quick ten percent return per annum. Those days are long gone. As my old boss used to tell me: renting is a luxury, buying is an opportunity. If you would like a free consultation with our whole of market independent mortgage advisor, please call 01858463705 to book an appointment.

• sibley's b'stard child says:

Thanks Mechos, I obviously ‘missed the boat’ there.

That is fantastic; I have never seen anything like it before, I must admit. As questionable as the ‘advice’ may be, I feel heartened by l’eau d’esperation that eminates from every sentence.

An EA showed me round a repo last weekend (asking price £145k but needed a good £10k to make good).

“Yeah mate, spend a few grand, do it up, and sell it on for £180k”

“I want a place to live not capital gains”

“Yeah, right you are, just saying”.

Pfft.

• mark wadsworth says:

Mechos, thanks, I thought it would be bad but i didn’t expect it as stupid as that.

• who stole my pension? says:

In some ways the guy is correct. If you ignore inflation, prices will rise but I suspect after this bubble it will take another 20years before they get back to the same price as 2007. As the BOE prints money inflation will rise which will make houses look cheap. With the amount of money printing going on in a few years you will be getting paid the same per week as you do per year thus making house prices look cheap.