Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Timber !

House prices slashed in run up to Christmas

Homeowners have slashed asking prices in the run up to Christmas according to Zoopla.co.uk. Zoopla.co.uk said the number of properties for sale in the UK that have had their asking price reduced at least once since coming to the market has climbed by more than 13 per cent over the past three months. The number of discounted properties for sale is up from 32.2 per cent in August to 36.4 per cent. The figures also show the total value of the house price discounts has risen by almost £500m over the last three months as owners start to get both more realistic and desperate to sell.

Posted by jack c @ 04:10 PM (4211 views)

11 thoughts on “Timber !

• Fortunately for the Scottish, they live in another country where different rules apply.

• “now is a great time for buyers to try to land a bargain” says Nicholas Leeming, commercial director of Zoopla.co.uk.

Thanks for the advice, Nick!

• How about, “now is the time for sellers to get realistic, and speculators to get out or short.”

• I am posting this here for the people who insult me on a regular basis, please read it.

it amazes me how the people who insult others on this site never post anything of real interest.

It is a real shame this website has become home to the idiots who thrive in life from insulting others.

• Cheer up mark. House prices are falling and the unrealistically priced ones (e.g the ones that you see on property snake for 6 months+) are eventually not selling for anything like their original asking price! Clearly house buyers are bargaining hard and doing their homework before making offers. It’s been a couple of good weeks as far as house prices are concerned and related articles in the press.

• mark wadsworth says:

I check Rightmove almost daily, and round my way vendors are either sticking or only cutting modest amounts, about 5% of their original asking prices of a year or two ago. A year ago, they were reducing prices much more noticeably.

Actual selling prices look better, about ten or fifteen per cent less than original asking, but still outrageous.

It’s that cussed “low interest rate trap” at work.

• Mark,

Should I consult my lawyer about all the times you have insulted me?

• Hardworking Family Man says:

Let there be no lending or mortgages – let people use their wages and earnings to buy a house – abandon the fiat currency and adopt an intrinsically valuable currency – i.e. gold and silver. Get rid of fractional reserver banking charging interest on money that doesn’t exist and which can never be repaid except without more funny money created out of nothing lent on compound interest.

• skidders @4 bleated…..So far it appears at least 5 people probably the same person loves to insult my posts and libel me, any further insults to me personally will be passed to my lawyers, after all the evidence is on here…^sob^ ^sob^…..boooohooooooo

I’m Spartacus!!!

• I never saw a wild thing
    Sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    Without ever having felt sorry for itself.

Mark, grow a pair. (Broad shoulders that it!). Sticks and a pinch of salt, stones off a ducks watery back, and all that.

I wonder how many evictees will be feeling sorry for themselves over the next 2yrs!

• 4. mark

I’m wit ya bro!

Very funny.

Drainweed…

I’m all that is and forever will be.