Thursday, November 11, 2010

More job losses are expected in the coming weeks and next month

206 Blackburn with Darwen council staff get ‘jobs axe’ letter

Lancashire County Council has also unveiled a massive cuts programme, which is expected to lead to around 6,000 job losses.

Posted by mark @ 12:20 PM (1208 views)

11 thoughts on “More job losses are expected in the coming weeks and next month

• sibley's b'stard child says:

Oh dear, glad I don’t live there anymore.

Still, at least we had the Toon last night, so silver linings and all that.

• Sib’s watch what you are saying or I will send Barton around to get you (LOL)

• sibley's b'stard child says:

I raise your Barton with an El Hadji Diouf.

• I raise your El Hadji Diouf with one Andy Carroll

• sibley's b'stard child says:

Very good sir.

We’d best desist now as we’re veering perilously close to frivolity.

• Agreed – there is something alien on the next article up which you might want to look at.

• “Blackburn with Darwen Council, which is looking to cut a third of its budget, has written to 206 people affected to warn them they are ‘at risk of redundancy’ in a 90-day consultation.”

Nothing like to trying to maintain moral in an organisation

• This is called paying for Labours party. What’s worse is these sorts of cuts need to be made year-on-year for the next 4 years.
    No doubt some of the 6000 should never have been taken on in the first place. Where I work there are a few people (dead wood) who should be disposed of. It’s shocking that they spend the day surfing the web, watching utube, etc.

• @10 “Where I work there are a few people (dead wood) who should be disposed of. It’s shocking that they spend the day surfing the web, watching utube, etc.”

Would that also include posting to News Blogs?

• Yes and blogging. Though I got home from work and posted. I don’t post at work. That 5PM is actually my 6PM where I am at the moment (Shweeeden)…