Monday, October 18, 2010

Spending cuts WILL lead to recession

David Blanchflower: spending cuts could lead to recession

• Chancellor's cuts 'misguided', says former MPC member • Coalition guilty of 'appalling cowardice' • Business leaders who support cuts making 'terrible mistake'

Posted by devo @ 10:07 PM (1777 views)

11 thoughts on “Spending cuts WILL lead to recession

• I know this is difficult for some of you to understand, but…

I am neither for or against spending cuts. I am simply chronicling the march of the power elite into the abyss.

• tyrellcorporation says:

What do you do for a living Devo?

• What I do for a living is irrelevant.

Suffice it to say my colleagues would be nonplussed at my alter-ego.

• Maybe, maybe not!

• Spending cuts WILL lead to recession

I don’t find the prospect too awful – although I’ll probably lose my job. But the sooner the collapse, the sooner renewal can really begin.

• If Blanchflower is right, then the best way to ensure prosperity is to continually increase government spending.

This could be financed by more money printing…oops Quantitative Easing!

• saw this retard on the telly last night. Why does anyone give a rats ars about his opinion? The guy is an idiot

• general congreve says:

Damned if they do, damned if they don’t.

Spending cuts = economic crash = sterling toast. Continued levels of government spending = sterling toast.

Bottom line is we have become poorer as a nation, it’s just that reality hasn’t quite caught up with us yet.

• Ok, am I missing something here?

‘WILL’ lead to recession. S’cuse me? So, we’re not in a recession yet then?

I’m confused.com

• vindicated @ 9: ‘WILL’ lead to recession. S’cuse me? So, we’re not in a recession yet then?

Spot on – it is ongoing despite the denials and the cheerleading.

The purpose of the exercise is to leave the burden of the blame with the coalition who have so far done remarkably little to deserve it.

• What a clever idea the gov have. Putting the pension age up to make us work longer so they save on the gov pension outlay. But have they considered the effect this will have on our younger generation who will not be able to get work, due to older people having to work longer. We should all have gone to university and got a politics degree to come up with ideas like thie? pure brilliance. What about all the money MPs have stolen from us over the years, putting in expenses and claims. Seems that has all gone quiet now, have they been made to pay the money back? Don’t suppose they have? or else this would have be made common knowledge. Anyway, why do we need so many MPs why can’t we save money by cutting their jobs.