Thursday, October 28, 2010

One for the Smugdogs, Greenbays, Wilsons, Kirstys etc.

Land Registry: House prices up 5.2 % in a year

Annual house price growth in September stood at 5.2 per cent, which is the smallest rise seen since December 2009, according to the Land Registry. However, this is also the eleventh month in a row in which the annual figure has remained above zero. The monthly change of -0.2 per cent is the first negative figure seen for six months, bringing the average house price in England and Wales to £166,769. The number of recorded property transactions has increased over the last 12 months, from an average of 50,865 sales per month in April to July 2009, to an average of 57,152 in the same months this year.

Posted by mark wadsworth @ 04:46 PM (2210 views)

18 thoughts on “One for the Smugdogs, Greenbays, Wilsons, Kirstys etc.

• sibley's b'stard child says:

Marvellous; that is beyond satire.

• This is one of the best lines I have seen in a very long time – “this is also the eleventh month in a row in which the annual figure has remained above zero”

I wonder if Uncle Tom has a spare box of fireworks he could send to these peoplw.

• The Wilsons’ portfolio will be a sea of red at year end.

• MW watch out quiet guy might report you lol

• @Mark Wadsworth

To be honest, I find posting sarcastic articles that refer to other bloggers in the title a bit off. Smugdog would be entitled to feel a bit piqued about this. No, I didn’t press the report button.

@Mark 05:48PM

Double standards. Yes, I’m guilty.

• To be honest I read smogdogs musings and concluded that he’s a house price bear, he just pulls the leg of the Uber Bears here.

• Slightly off sinject for this link, but just spent the afternoon listening to the tales of another Pwoberdy purchase made on the back of 1% interest mortgage for a btl ‘in the right catchment’ for use in a few years time to play the system.

Why the f””” am I subsidising people who don’t need subsidising to buy more properties to work the system on school catchment’ areas.

I’m sorry but this makes my blood boil.

FFS why can’t we get interest rates back upto sensible levels and if anyone needs help give them an interest only option and or a 50% reduction in payments ‘holiday’ added onto the back of the loan.

I’m so fed up of this artificial market we’re living in.

I can’t invest in my business, business premises or a home because of this teetring on the edge, caused by the bailouts.

• FFS why can’t we get interest rates back upto sensible levels

I don’t think there is anyway that this will happen, as much as I would like it. Too many people would be driven out of their homes, and that would look very bad. There would simply be more QE to keep interest rates low.

• We really are in a right old muddle – even Harry Houdini would be struggling to wriggle out of this mess.

• Hpwatcher

As I said above I don’t see why this ‘subsidise all’ policy of low interest rates is the right option.
    Most people don’t need low interest rates. It’s only a few on the grand scale of things who have over extended themselves and whose circumstances have changed.

I don’t see why these people can’t have some sort of repayment holiday or similar.

If people could get an above inflation return on their savings it would encourage them to spend.

• mark wadsworth says:

Quiet Guy, Smugdog has been openly offensive and rude about me on several occasions (I have no idea why, but hey, that’s the internet for you). I respond with a gentle-but-humorous post title. Does that make me a bad person?

• Nothing wrong with heading there MW, Smugdog certainly wouldn’t be offended.

• Kirsty will be furious of course;-)

• “Does that make me a bad person?”

Before I start answering questions like that, I think I’ll need a change of vocation.

Quiet Guy searching for the bad people on HPC

• You know quiet guy if you really want to vent your frustration you could become a Community Support Officer. You get a dayglo jacket and a belt with loads of attachments.

Apologies if that’s not your thing, but you are beginning to display qualities in that direction.

Not quite sure how I’ve got myself sucked onto this, which was nothing to do with me, mustn’t got bored waiting for the HPC.

• @str 2007

My frustrations? One of the hazards of the blog is working out when somebody is being humorous or not. Perhaps my efforts at 1129 missed the mark. Oh well.

I think I’d rather be a mad priest than than a CPSO.

(hint: that’s a joke too)

• sibley's b'stard child says:

QG, i’m sure that Smugdog would be moved to embarassment that you sought to defend his good name…