Saturday, October 2, 2010

Minor sports celebrity age 49 and her financial strategy

My first sponsorship deal was £30 a month from a chicken farmer

Bought 5 bed house in 2006 for £1.85m, spent nearly £1m improving it over two years, mortgage now stands at about £1.2m and thinks they have a fair amount of equity, so when the time comes to remortgage we can still get a fairly good deal. Has no pension and thinks classic cars are a good investment, uses her credit card for more or less everything because shhe can only use her debit card when she has some money in her current account.

Posted by enuii @ 10:53 PM (1960 views)

12 thoughts on “Minor sports celebrity age 49 and her financial strategy

• gone-to-colombia says:

All her investments are risky.
    I suspect they are all over valued.
    When interest rates rise she will be screwed.

• Moral of the story is, wait until you’re 46, then marry a rich man.

• “Minor sports celebrity age 49 and her financial strategy”

What a nasty, sneering little person you must be enuii.

• Yes, she’s obviously worked very hard at something she was good at from an early age.

She may not be ‘A’ list celeb, but most have heard of her and she genuinely has a talent.

For all you know her husband is well off in his own right (he earns more than her).

She chose awhile ago to concentrate on property and has been proved right as every investment that’s involved ‘the city’ has gone down.

She’s also wise enough to have realised people offering annuities win.

Top marks to he’d I say.

What you will fund is alot of middle class families now own several properties.

Mainly because ‘city” investments haven’t performed in the past, much as they’re unlikely to perform particularly well in the future.

On the basis we will all need a paid for property when we retire and an income of at least 15-20k to live comfortably (3-400k pension pot) you can see why people head for property.

• bloody good post str

• 100% agree with str

• Jeez, I suppose they have to fill column space with something.

• ontheotherhand says:

Credit cards aren’t credit are they? Neither are mortgages really. I guess most people think like that.

“Are you cautious with money or liberal with it?
    Cautious. I’m not willing to spend on credit, I prefer to live on the basis that if I can’t afford something at the time then I will go without…..”

“I use credit cards most of the time… I only use debit cards occasionally, when I know I’ve got enough funds in my account.”

• she would be better off with the chickens after financial global meltdown, at least she could eat them

• @7 ontheothehand said :

“Are you cautious with money or liberal with it?

You’re selectively quoting her to put your own spin on the story. How do you explain the following quoted from the piece :

“I do use credit cards, but if I can’t afford to pay something off at the end of the month I won’t buy it.”

• ontheotherhand says:

alan, you’re right. I missed that, sorry. She only uses credit on everyday purchases for 30 days.

• ontheotherhand, Thanks for acknowledging that. This piece got me going because it seems that the poster didn’t bother reading it properly and interpreted it to suit his/her preconceptions of people that “invest in property” always being a bad thing. The couple may well overestimate their equity in their investments bearing in mind we are probably now in a period of houseprice deflation, but without us knowing their equity position they may well be in a sound financial position – not to mention their combined earnings and other savings etc. Good luck to them I say, and let’s not be unnecessarily negative in what we post on here. This post smacked of jealousy on the poster’s part, I may well be wrong on that but it’s how it came across to me, especially when I looked up some of enuii’s previous comments on the blog.