Sunday, October 17, 2010

Krusty says offer up to 50% less!

Kirstie Allsopp: My battleplan for house buyers and sellers

Kirstie Allsopp has a strategy to sell in today's climate. If you want to offer 10 or 20 per cent less than the asking price, that’s OK. You can even offer 50 per cent less, if you think you can get away with it. There's hope for FTB's yet if everyone tries to get a discount.

Posted by miken @ 08:44 PM (2421 views)

8 thoughts on “Krusty says offer up to 50% less!

• Don’t bother negotiating tens of thousands off the asking price because the vendor might get upset and take their £200 washing machine with them. Excellent advice.

If only all would be house-sellers put a new toaster and bed-sheets in their house then transaction volumes might get back to normal.

• All 22 comments were very negative towards Krusty&Phil

• “Do not, under any circumstances, waste everyone’s time by trying to buy a house when you haven’t got your mortgage agreed.”

Is this the new normal?

I thought you viewed a house first, made an offer, then arranged the mortgage. That’s how we did it (in the eighties and nineties).

• I can’t imagine why anyone would want to take advice from this silly woman.

• Nice to see ‘fatty’s’ hat-eating diet was mentioned in the comments. But is she really a milliner meal muncher? I bet she’s not eaten a single hat.

• Kirstie Allsop suggesting HPC-tastic strategies by way of recommending buyers make offers of up to 50% off the asking price??

By golly gosh. Is Kirstie attempting to make HPC-ers eat their hats?

Yours truly – Mick Rupert – certainly never expected to see this:

“If you want to offer 10 or 20 per cent less than the asking price, that’s OK. You can even offer 50 per cent less, if you think you can get away with it.”

So… the crash is not just ON. It is validated and accepted by the Hat-Muncher Queen herself!

In all fairness, she is looking less than comfortable in the picture here. It’s not all beaming House-Price-Inflation forever and ever amen in those eyes, is it? 🙂

Don't get ripped off by greedy vendors!

• that picture is airbrushed, no?
    Uncomfortable or not, Wealth clearly suits her. I have too admit, and I know this won’t be popular, my guilty secret…
    posh girls. I know they wouldn’t have me, but I don’t find them or her in any way as repulsive as many people seem to. Neigh he he he he he Quite the opposite.

• Devo

If I was paying an estate agent a fee, I wouldn’t expect to have people viewing that weren’t in a position to offer and proceed.

Too many time waters out there.

Let’s face it, you get a pretty good impression from what you see on rightmove nowadays, what with a dozen photos and floorplans.