Monday, August 16, 2010

The Chartered Institute for Housing (CIH) latest report

CIH says "golden age" of home ownership at an end

The Chartered Institute for Housing (CIH) has called for an urgent focus on rented housing as what it dubbed the "golden age" of home ownership comes to an end. In a new report, widening the rental housing market, released on Sunday, the CIH said millions of young people faced a lifetime of renting. The report asked whether the current provision of social and private rented homes could be improved to meet changing trends.

Posted by jack c @ 12:38 PM (2230 views)

7 thoughts on “The Chartered Institute for Housing (CIH) latest report

• ‘Changing trends’? That’s ok then, problem solved.

Your all under Camerons social housing rule now.

Did I mention ‘Agenda 21’ some time back.

Some see that Glorious Golden Age as a normal housing function, before it was bastardised by the money changers.

Something to work for and on?

• Sadly, the strap line in the FT is correct.
    The CIH analysis and proffered solutions are Doublespeak nonsense. This whole website has become a joke too – what’s the point now, exactly?

• @ braindeed
    “this whole website has become a joke too”

The joke (not funny a one) for me is that I am priced out of buying all but the smallest shi77iest one bed rabbit hutches.

I imagine that you’re referring to this webiste, not the FT website. Please explain.

• I have to confess that before today, I didn’t know there was a Chartered Institute for Housing.

What do they do? – and where have they been hiding these last few years?

• techieman – I was a bit busy over the weekend to fully read/listen to the links you gave – will take a better look tonight.

I did a bit more research on the “Omen” and oddly enough also read Rick’s take on it – I’m not convinced from what I have read so far, but is does seem to be gaining wider media exposure.

• no probs Jack – “but is does seem to be gaining wider media exposure”. that means that its probably soon going to be another bear market move back toward the 1129 S&P recent high, to squeeze out some bears. i.e. after this current move down. IMO that would be the place to “load up load up with rubber bullets”!

I am not expecting a crash…. yet…. , but would rather be short or even flat than long.. ‘Spose i would say that wouldnt i!

As for squeezing the bears – “the Way it is” by Bruce Hornsby springs to mind.