Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Maybe he should become a headteacher! lol

Somali asylum seeker laughing over £2,000-a-week Kensington home paid for by benefits

An unemployed Somali bus conductor living with his family in a luxury Kensington home has defended their right to live in the posh suburb at taxpayers' expense. Abdi Nur laughed yesterday after answering his door to howls of protest about the £2,000-a-week home he shares with his wife Sayruq and their seven children.

Posted by mark @ 03:47 PM (2485 views)

17 thoughts on “Maybe he should become a headteacher! lol

• charlie brooker says:

Being given a £2,000-a-week Kensington home paid for by benefits is one thing. Suggesting he and his family have a right to such grandeur is entirely another.

I was always brought up never to abuse hospitality and to show cultural sensitivity when abroad.

Had he expressed genuine embarrasment at being given such luxury and expressed a genuine desire to accept more modest accomodation then I for one might be able to forgive the situation.

I suspect a large proportion of people coming to this website don’t even spend £800 a month on accomodation, let alone £8,000.

• clearly you dont live in the channel islands

RC: Clowns beyond

• righttoleech says:

First I would like to say that immigration has enriched our society………..hang on, I’m not an MP, we are being bled white, they are sucking on our bone marrow, and I anticipate a backlash.

• charlie brooker says:

@inbreda

I suspect that only a small proportion of people coming to this website live in the Channel Islands.

• I am struggling to pay £850 a month for a pretty crummy place miles from where I would like to live.

Reading about this slob getting £2000 a week of housing benefit makes me sick.

It also makes me wonder why I am bothering to go out to work at all, when I could just shack up with someone, make babies and collect welfare – and enjoy the benefits of this exclusive location.

The only way forward is to scrap HB altogether. Because as long as it exists, there will always be +someone+ who will find a way to exploit the system.

• The Nurs’ new house is owned by a company based in the British Virgin Islands.

And who owns that company? No doubt some tax-dodging landlord, who quite probably lives in the UK. It’s a ridiculous situation. Overseas companies should not be allowed to own residential property in the UK. (Or we could have LVT.)

• “I anticipate a backlash” – lol!

Having been out of the UK for a year, when I clicked one of these daily mail links the other day I nearly puked. I’d forgotten what a sick obsession the UK has with such mindless celebrity tripe. Disturbing.

“freaked the”

• Where are all the champions of uncontrolled borders now. lol…. NIMBY’s

Some tried to warn you but you fell for the politically correct brainwashing.

Can we afford it. Could we ever.

Good luck Arizona, may the law be lawful. This NWO thingy me bobs turning out to be expensive.

• I nearly puked when I read your comment rumble.

• tenyearstogetmymoneyback says:

mark wrote “Maybe he should become a headteacher!”

But the Top Headteachers are only on about £280K P.A so after tax they probably couldn’t afford a property like this.
    Maybe the Headteachers should renounce their citizenship then apply for asylum 🙂

• tenyearstogetmymoneyback,

You’re almost right. The head teacher’s salary is £276,523. After tax that gives £2,912 per week (that’s from April 2011 with the new higher rates). Even after paying £2,000 rent, that leaves £912 per week for everything else. Not too bad.

A salary of £177,730 is equivalent to £2,000/week after tax.

(Source: The Salary Calculator)

• “I nearly puked when I read your comment rumble.”

Shame. I’ll really try to avoid that in future. In the meantime, stay off the wife’s cooking.

“meet pancake”

• The Baldman says:

Welcome to Nulabours Britain..

• Eternal Sceptic says:

I trust the new coalition government is focusing on the prevention of this sort of abuse.Perhaps the members of the council housing committee should fund the shortfall between average rent and the rent in question out of their own pockets.

• orcusmaximus says:

drewster & tenyearstogetmymoneyback

The head teachers in question’s salary was only £86,000. The headline figure of £276k was largely backpay and one-off bonuses, NOT salary. Try reading articles before you quote from them.

• orcusmaximus says:

The £400/week housing benefit cap will go along way to sort out this sort of abuse.

Better yet, let’s bundle all asylum seekers over to those parts of the world where we have peace keeping forces. They can’t claim asylum, because we’ll be keeping them safe 🙂

• Stop focusing on the immigrant, everyone has a choice. You can easily go on the rock and roll and get a big house, but who are you kidding?

Not sure what this story has to do with HPC, it’s just Daily Mail right wing nonsense.

Why do people blame the immigrant, they are just clever and exploiting the system. That’s how you get on in life, don’t you lot understand
    Who charges £2k a week for rent, what class and colour do you think owns the home, that is the problem.
    Rents should be controlled and capped, that’s the problem, not an ex-bus driver trying to survive….