Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Larger cuts to come.

Public borrowing surprises with rise to record high

Public sector net cash requirement rose unexpectedly last month compared to the same time a year ago, hitting its highest level since records began in April 1984, official data showed on Tuesday. The Office for National Statistics said the public sector posted a net cash requirement of 20.905 billion pounds in June, up from 20.213 billion last year and well above economists' forecasts for a fall to 15 billion pounds.

Posted by mark @ 10:44 AM (3566 views)

6 thoughts on “Larger cuts to come.

• As an aexample of waste

I phoned Hampshire County Council yesterday about some seriosly overgrown footpaths they’re supposed to keep trimmed back.

I didn’t get to speak to a bloke who has a lsit of all the paths numbered on a board who was local and knew the path I was talking about.

Oh no that would be far too simple.

Now we have a call centre 30 miles from the country park and I got to speak to a girl for half an hour who couldn’t even find the country park on her map never mind the fotpath in question.

She then proceeded to give me a 12 digit reference number.

Then someone was going to inspect the path, before finally it would be allocated to be trimmed back.

Give me strength, if it didn’t need trimming I wouldn’t be phoning.

And if it was being trimmed on some sort of rotar system then I wouldn’t have needed to pone and we wouldn’t have to of paid her or the inspector..

Labour had truly lost the plot.

There are absolutely stacks of savings to be made and my example above is of the most basic level that a child at junior scholl could figure out to be wasteful. Goodness knows what’s going on at higher levels.

• I blame the laptop keyboard for all those typos – sorry. And my laziness not to check until I’ve posted.

As for some of the grammer I’m sorry there’s no excuse.

• That was labours way of keeping the unemployment figures down by inventing jobs not really needed in local government.

• find someone to mess things up; then find another guy to fix it up…………it creates jobs!

• I see this utter waste everywhere, but to the greatest extent in local councils (who incidently charge what is IMO an exorbitant amount of council tax).
    I for the people I know in these organisations they are totally blinkered to this utter waste and think that this is a normal way of life.

Absolutely shameful – and I’m paying the bill with no choice but prison.

Nice business to be in.

• Interesting to note that facing massive cuts local authorities are going to pool all their people in big one centre offices like this to save money. Many councils have already done this so you may be witnessing the start of the impact on the public of these impending cuts.

This is the beginning of the end for local authorities as we know them so be prepared to start up a voluntary group to trim your own footpaths back. You’ll still pay for public services but they won’t exist except for volunteers who’s organisations get your money.