Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Bankers not keen on IR rise

Bank of England’s Sentance the lone voice for interest rate rise

Most of the Bank of England’s rate-setting committee remain happy to keep the base interest rate at the record low of 0.5% as the risks to the UK economy remain very finely balanced, minutes from the committee’s last meeting show. Depressing innit?

Posted by a saver @ 04:58 PM (1629 views)

7 thoughts on “Bankers not keen on IR rise

• Talk is cheap.

• landofconfusion says:

I support Moneyweek’s view on this. With the base rate @ 0.5% people are still going bust and we have massive under- & un-employment.

I can see current base rate condtions lasting and QE ahead I’m afraid.

• “I can see current base rate condtions lasting and QE ahead I’m afraid.”

Brown’s economic legacy. It was the prudent thing to do.

😉

• so – having resigned myself to the fact that I will not be buying a house as I dont want to crystallise my “losses” created by the housing bubble being maintained, I also face the prospect of money printing devaluing my money. Gold it is.

• @5. inbreda…

Perfectly summed up. The only plus point at the minute is that Gold is heading back down to hopefully a nice buy point.

• quite, mr fibble.

I already have gold holdings and I am really getting into the correct mindset. I do not see gold going down – I just see gold staying stable, and some worthless eventually-to-be-doomed fiat currency bouncing around like a lunatic and, in the recent past, regaining a bit of strength. I look at the “historic house prices in gold” chart, and just feel glad I dont have as much fiat money as I used to.

I think the number of people who think like me is only going to increase as time rolls by.