Friday, June 11, 2010

Interesting ?

U.K. House Prices Fall for Third Month in May as Supply Climbs

The average cost of a home in England and Wales fell 0.2 percent to 220,352 pounds ($323,000) from April, the research group said in an estimate released by e-mail today. Previously reported house-price gains for March and April were revised to declines as more transaction data became available.

Posted by alan @ 06:40 PM (3764 views)

9 thoughts on “Interesting ?

• How come only Bloomberg seems to have this story today?

• Yeah……..ok…

“satisfying ballasts”

• gone-to-colombia says:

Hi TC, I’m checking those prices too, here seem to be quite a few very interesting properties arriving every day.
    Prices must be and are heading down.
    I estimate that in some reas the supply might be 4x higher.

• What gets me is that this is amidst the so-called spring bounce.

Funny how the emergency austerity budget is set for ONE DAY after midsummer (i.e. 22nd June). DOWNHILL all the way to Christmas, and beyond!

• Let’s hope so hey 🙂

Im itching to buy a place for the family, just don’t want too put them in a web of unpayable debt.

• As I observed on Monday one my usual journey through cheshire, a route I tread once per week and quite frankly I am amazed how many over developed former two up two down former farm workers cottages, barn conversions and other rural and semi-rural blinged out properties with humungous conservatories and the obligatory 4×4/BMW/AUDI have suddenly got for sale signs up outside.

• gone-to-colombia says:

TC that house did look good!
    My plan is to return home in 3-5 years. Oddly, Colombia is a very good place to be right now.
    I think tat by that time the prices should be at a low point in the cycle.
    I’d like to live in the land of my father’s – Wales or the border country.
    Maybe you could give me some advice on this and give me a few tips?

I’d like a detched place in the country, some space around.

• The area im looking at is still 20% higher than a year ago, or should I say people are asking for 20 % more.