Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Try eating gold or protecting yourself with a bar of gold when the riots start

Gold breaks through $1,190/oz on sovereign risk fears

Gold broke through $1,190 an ounce for the first time since early December on Thursday as fears Greece's sovereign debt problems could spread to other euro zone economies fuelled a cross-currency rally in the precious metal.

Posted by mark @ 02:31 PM (1890 views)

21 thoughts on “Try eating gold or protecting yourself with a bar of gold when the riots start

• what is wrong with housepricecrash website it keeps crashing…

• yorkshireman says:

Try investing in cigarettes, corned beef and evaporated milk. More useful than gold I think.

• Mark, probably due to some ‘train spotting’ type freak filling it with job loss data.

• fallingbuzzard says:

off topic, but i don’t think that the reputation of an anonymous website user can ever be harmed

• GOLD? LOL

I have a heavy position untill $1600. not long now for this (so called nutter) ‘conspiraloon.’

The perks mate. 🙂

• Did I accuse you Mark?, I think not. Read, digest and take the appropriate action.

Oh, and chill a little…. bless

• Relax everyone – the price has collapsed to $1188.20…..that was a close call! Phew!

Sorry I haven’t got much to report. Just that my neighbour has now sold the house again…this is the 5th time.

• as smuggy says mark, chill out, he’s just the resident HPC troll – he serves to liven the place up a little from time to time…

• … bless 😉

• @ Try eating gold or protecting yourself with a bar of gold when the riots start

……try buying weapons or food without it once a currency collapses.

• Alan

there is fun and there is libel

• I thought it was a very funny comment :o)

• Wot’s wrong with trainspotters?

• Now, now, watch out for libel debtfree 😉

• yorkshireman says:

If the infrastructure starts to collapse, there will be little or nothing to buy and I personally do not believe that gold will be any use. A nice stock of food will be needed and cigarettes would make a good form of currency. I have to say I do not smoke and would not normally encourage anyone, but I am happy to abandon my principles to look after my family.

• There is fun and there is lidl.

I couldn’t agree more!

@10, Good point! Fiat is fiat.

• 15. yorkshireman

LOL!!

• all this, ‘you can’t eat gold’ and ‘it won’t be of any use’ is also very funny.

when at sea in a storm, gold is also useless, but when you get to shore and all the currency you have has been washed away, gold will come in very handy to get you up and running again. some new clothes, hotel for the night, a nice meal and a few glasses of beer or wine.

• smuggy, all,

The point about buying gold is preserving your *wealth*, not preserving your life. You could stock up on a year’s worth of food for under £1,000. What do you do with the other £9,000 or £99,000 or £999,000 that you have saved up?

• Notyethomeless says:

Can I build houses out of gold? Seems like that would be the ultimate asset!
    A great store of value!

• general congreve says:

Oooooh, you can’t eat gold! Can’t eat paper either, but I know what’s in my wallet right now and it’s f4cking heavy and yellow 🙂

Not to mention the fact that I reckon I could protect myself pretty well with half a kilo in sock Mark!