Sunday, May 30, 2010

More taxpayer’s money wasted

Bloody Sunday Inquiry: A £191 million fiasco

No connection to HPC (and I'm not objecting to an enquiry into the tragic events of Bloody Sunday, by the way) but this is very pertinent to the country's financial situation. The obscene waste of taxpayer's money is a damning indictment and exemplifies all that was wrong with the Nu Liebor years. Note that nineteen lawyers have become millionaires thanks to the Saville Inquiry, no doubt they were all mates of Bliar, they all pee in the same pot.

Posted by mr g @ 08:52 PM (1261 views)

6 thoughts on “More taxpayer’s money wasted

• Idlywaiting says:

…and you’re right, it has no connection to HPC. So what is it doing here?? All Governments waste money. Where the waste is depends on your own sense of values and priorities. Suggest you post this on a political, or possibly one covering government finances. How does this informs us about House Prices??

…and yes, I could have made this comment about numerous posts on this site in the past but I’ve finally cracked and picked on yours. Please all, stick to the subject.

• the number cruncher says:

I propose banning anyone with a law degree from parliament…. (come to that ban any member of a self electing oligarchic system from our legislature)

• And I suppose Idly Waiting that:

You are either a fan of Gordon Brown, Ed Balls et al who, like all socialists, can dish out the criticisms but can’t take it when a few home truths are presented.

or

You are one of the HPC elite under a different nom de plume who censor debate when it doesn’t suit.

• Idlywaiting says:

Mr G, why so angry? I’m actually a first time poster but I come to this site to find information, and watch the debate, on house prices. I fail to see how spending money on the Bloody Sunday enquiry informs this debate in anyway meaningful way. And I have no particular political persuasion but I can guess your leanings and, if we are looking for political decisions that have had a long-term material effect on house prices in the UK, selling off council houses might be a good starting point. Now which party did that again?….

• the number cruncher says:

Of course mr G “like all socialists, can dish out the criticisms but can’t take it when a few home truths are presented….”

Is making a statement like that as bad as if someone said; ” right wingers are small minded, reactionary pinheads who are trying to make up for their impotence?”

• Idly Waiting and Number Cruncher

Apologies for any offence caused by the tone of my comment.

In answer to IW’s question ” I fail to see how spending money on the Bloody Sunday enquiry informs this debate in anyway meaningful way”

I agree there is no immediately apparent connection with HPC. However, IMHO wasteful public spending should be debated on this site as it forms part of the general economic situation, which in turn has a knock on effect on house prices.