Friday, April 9, 2010

Cloud Cuckoo Land

We're All Living On Fantasy Island!

An old article but still very pertinent today.

Posted by mr g @ 12:14 AM (1725 views)

14 thoughts on “Cloud Cuckoo Land

• well we haven’t really taken any pain at all yet……so its all to come

• According to many mainstream sources, we’ve already had the bust after the boom and now we’re on an even keel. I just wish that somehow we could hold dimwitted journalists accountable for their vapid and misleading opinions.

• happy mondays says:

Tatoo ..”It’s the plane boss, it’s the plane”

• This negative vibe needs to stop… The recovery is now locked in… Brown has saved us all… This time next year the average house will cost quarter of a million pounds and we’ll all be bathing an champagne to celebrate…

• Birds flying high
    You know how I feel
    Sun in the sky
    You know how I feel
    Breeze driftin’ on by
    You know how I feel
    It’s a new dawn
    It’s a new day
    It’s a new life
    For me
    And I’m feeling good

• You’re right, we’re far too negative on here. I’ve decided that the sensible thing to do is vote Brown and take out the largest mortgage I can over 30yrs to buy an adequate 3 bed semi.

• smugdog
    – you do realise that that is the song sung by Gilbert Price in The Roar Of The Greasepaint – The Smell Of The Crowd?!!
    Maybe Sweet Beginning from the same musical would have been a more appropriate choice to air your opinion?

This, my friend, is only the beginning –
    Such a sweet beginning, too.
    Now, at last, I see a chance of winning –
    See a chance of breaking through.

Who can say? Today may live in hist’ry
    As long as there’s a hist’ry book.
    Yesterday the world was still a myst’ry;
    Today it has a new and diff’rent look.

So, my friend, let’s send the old world spinning;
    Change is what I recommend.
    Come on, my friend, let’s see this sweet beginning
    Through to the bitter end!
    Through to the bitter end!

• @ 6. alan_540…

Excellent, you know it makes sense. Did you make the decision after reporting to the Brown Re-education Centre?

House prices only ever go up… After STR last year I will now have to sell a kidney to re-take my original place on the ladder… If I wait until next year then I’m afraid it will be both kidneys…

• (…and yes, unsurprisingly, Gilbert Price played the part of The Negro, who was of a lower class than Cocky and sings Feeling Good to convince Cocky to stand up to his oppressor, Sir not in some sort of reflection of some good times.)

• mrflibble, it has been Gordon’s relentless appearances on TV, his charm, authority, wit, persuasiveness and well thought out arguments and those of his honourable colleagues have convinced me of the error of my ways, nay, my thoughtcrime. All hail Big Brother, oops, Gordon Brown!

• “it has been Gordon’s relentless appearances on TV, his charm, authority, wit, persuasiveness and well thought out arguments and those of his honourable colleagues have convinced me of the error of my ways, nay, my thoughtcrime. All hail Big Brother, oops, Gordon Brown!”

OMG, I feel sick!

• No one else think it’s funny that our pedigree bull posted those positive sounding lyrics from a song intended to be sung sarcastically?

• Err!… that’s a NO then 666, you delve too deeply, move along.

Has the Sudoku beaten you of a Friday afternoon?

• paranoia blue says:

I just wonder if there is a correlation between the increased frequency of SD’s dross postings, and the Easter hols. ?